Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Anyone else who has problems editing large files?
icon5.gif  Anyone else who has problems editing large files? [message #551871] Mon, 09 August 2010 21:24 Go to next message
Kristian Wiborg is currently offline Kristian WiborgFriend
I have a file with more than 3000 lines of code. When I open/edit it I frequently get Java-errors and the editor behaves erratic to the point where I have to close and re-open the file. I'm not sure exactly what triggers the errors. I have experienced problems when entyering a comment, when using tab to indent code and entering new code. I have submittet a bug report, but I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same type problem... or who knows a workaround?
Re: Anyone else who has problems editing large files? [message #558087 is a reply to message #551871] Fri, 10 September 2010 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radu Maier is currently offline Radu MaierFriend
I have the same problem, and would be very interested in a solution/ workaround.
Re: Anyone else who has problems editing large files? [message #645248 is a reply to message #551871] Thu, 16 December 2010 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cosmin Dobre is currently offline Cosmin DobreFriend
Same here on a file of ~ 1500 lines.
On the same file, the same happens on my both Eclipse instances of Galileo and Zend Studio 8.

NB:
1. on the same version of Galileo on a different computer, editing the same file works just fine.
2. I'm sure that at some point in time, editing the same file worked also OK on my Eclipse, even if the size of the file was not significantly smaller.

Re: Anyone else who has problems editing large files? [message #645596 is a reply to message #551871] Sat, 18 December 2010 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I never got any java error, but the editor is slow as hell..

this seemed to be sufficiently different to warrant opening a new thread
Re: Anyone else who has problems editing large files? [message #657083 is a reply to message #551871] Tue, 01 March 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radu Maier is currently offline Radu MaierFriend
Just wanted to share something with everyone.
When I experienced the problems, one particularity is that I had custom syntax highlighting.
Recently I started using a fresh copy of eclipse and noticed the problems were gone. While searching for the differences between the fresh instance and the old one, I remembered I forgot to customize the editor colors Smile

Hope this helps someone.
Re: Anyone else who has problems editing large files? [message #657495 is a reply to message #551871] Thu, 03 March 2011 01:44 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Can you provide a link to the bug, or list the number?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Insert and automatically update "last modified" date in comments
Next Topic:code completion for OLE/COM-objects?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:01:26 GMT 2024