Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Exported RCP application unable to detect extension plugin
Exported RCP application unable to detect extension plugin [message #551325] Fri, 06 August 2010 02:11 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I have created a RCP application project with an extension point and a plugin project with an extension. When I launch the app from eclipse, the application can detect the plugin and everything works as expected. (I need to select the plugin in the run configuration though)

After which, I exported the RCP application as executable and the plugin as jar into the /plugins folder. However, when I launched the executable, the plugin is not detected and as a result the plugin codes cannot be executed accordingly.

I followed the steps in this tutorial, http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseExtensionPoint/article .html#extensionpoints_overview. I can complete all the steps, so I guess its at the export step where things go wrong.

Any advise?
Re: Exported RCP application unable to detect extension plugin [message #552134 is a reply to message #551325] Wed, 11 August 2010 03:20 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I found the cause of my problem. I did not include org.eclipse.update.configurator in the RCP application project. Once that is included, the executable works perfectly.

Thanks
Previous Topic:Current UI update is always triggered by the next UI event
Next Topic:Remove default View Icon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:34:29 GMT 2024