Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » "Maven POM file" wizard too shallow
"Maven POM file" wizard too shallow [message #550549] Fri, 30 July 2010 18:42 Go to next message
Peter Missing name is currently offline Peter Missing nameFriend
Folks,

I am new to Maven. I have installed m2eclipse plugin in Eclipse Helios.

I loaded up a working project (that builds just fine), ran "Maven POM file" wizard to generate the pom file.

It appears the wizard does not pick important settings from the Eclipse project.

For instance, when I ran "mvn package," the first error I got was "generics are not supported in -source 1.3." I saw an example on the Internet, edited pom.xml and added a configuration section. This problem went away.

Now, I am getting a bunch of errors about not finding symbols. This is probably because I have two referenced libraries "jna.jar" and "junit-4.8.2.jar." Both these libraries are located in d:\dev\ThirdParty\ directory.

These references were defined correctly in Eclipse project. Why doesn't the wizard pick them?

More importantly, how do I fix this? I didn't find any example of hardcoded jar file path in pom.xml.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter
Re: "Maven POM file" wizard too shallow [message #554660 is a reply to message #550549] Mon, 23 August 2010 22:34 Go to previous message
Kurt Guenther is currently offline Kurt GuentherFriend

You need to define them as dependencies in the pom.xml file.

You can still see the eclipse project, but it's no longer used.

You may want skim through the maven book:

http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/public-b ook.html

I usually get things working on the command-line before importing my project into eclipse.
Previous Topic:Maven not working with GWT project (eclipse 3.6)
Next Topic:m2eclipse sources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:55:11 GMT 2024