Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » server.profile incomplete
server.profile incomplete [message #550494] Fri, 30 July 2010 14:37 Go to next message
Anthony is currently offline AnthonyFriend
Hi,

Moving swiftly on to my next bug. I'm trying to add the seperate bundles that I need for JSF through the admin console. I'm trying to add the jar

com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl 1.2.0

Which I'm guessing is a fairly common jar, however when I add it I'm getting the error below

Cannot resolve: com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl
    Unsatisfied leaf constraints:
        Bundle: com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl_1.2.0 - Import-Package: com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils; version="0.0.0"
            Did you mean: 'org.apache.catalina.util'?
        Bundle: com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl_1.2.0 - Import-Package: com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.objects; version="0.0.0"
            Did you mean: 'org.apache.catalina.mbeans'?
        Bundle: com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl_1.2.0 - Import-Package: com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal; version="0.0.0"
            Did you mean: 'org.apache.catalina.realm'?
        Bundle: com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl_1.2.0 - Import-Package: com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.jaxp; version="0.0.0"
            Did you mean: 'org.aspectj.lang.internal.lang'?
        Bundle: com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl_1.2.0 - Import-Package: com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.res; version="0.0.0"
            Did you mean: 'org.apache.catalina.valves'?

Now, I've googled this as you do and I've come up with an issue report 'dm Server DMS-424.lib/java6-server.profile is incomplete' which says that some lines are missing from the server.profile file. I decided to add these in and now I'm getting an error

Exception in thread "main" org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Bundle com.springsource.slf4j.api 1.5.10 failed to start.
	at com.springsource.osgi.launcher.FrameworkBuilder.installAndStartBundles(FrameworkBuilder.java:180)
	at com.springsource.osgi.launcher.FrameworkBuilder.start(FrameworkBuilder.java:160)
	at com.springsource.osgi.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:58)
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.slf4j.impl; version="[1.5.10,2.0.0)"
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
	at com.springsource.osgi.launcher.FrameworkBuilder.installAndStartBundles(FrameworkBuilder.java:178)

I've no idea why the sucide rate isn't higher among OSGI developers but I think it's going to go up a notch quite soon. I think I'm going to start with a heated spoon and my eyeballs.
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #550506 is a reply to message #550494] Fri, 30 July 2010 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear your having so many problems. I started with a fresh install of Virgo M02 and installed "Apache XML Commons XML-APIs 1.3.4". This went in fine. I then installed the jstl bundle at 1.2.0 and this failed as you described. I then added the missing entries from the profile file, I added them at the end of the system packages section and you need to be careful about the indentations. Restarted the server (with -clean to wipe it's caches) and repeated. This time it worked and it all just installed.

The defect you found has not actually been worked on and it's possible adding those entries to the system packages might cause issues for other people. We would need to investigate properly. Please, raise a bug on bugzilla if you think this is a bug and reference the old one and we will review it.

This is my output from the console.

[2010-07-30 15:57:30.674] start-signalling-1           <DE0005I> Started bundle 'org.eclipse.virgo.apps.splash' version '2.1.0.M02-incubation'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:48.447] http-8080-3                  <DE0000I> Installing bundle 'com.springsource.org.apache.xmlcommons' version '1.3.4'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:48.578] http-8080-3                  <DE0001I> Installed bundle 'com.springsource.org.apache.xmlcommons' version '1.3.4'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:48.591] http-8080-3                  <DE0004I> Starting bundle 'com.springsource.org.apache.xmlcommons' version '1.3.4'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:48.607] start-signalling-1           <DE0005I> Started bundle 'com.springsource.org.apache.xmlcommons' version '1.3.4'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:53.378] http-8080-1                  <DE0000I> Installing bundle 'com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl' version '1.2.0'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:53.482] http-8080-1                  <DE0001I> Installed bundle 'com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl' version '1.2.0'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:53.497] http-8080-1                  <DE0004I> Starting bundle 'com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl' version '1.2.0'. 
[2010-07-30 15:57:53.503] start-signalling-1           <DE0005I> Started bundle 'com.springsource.javax.servlet.jsp.jstl' version '1.2.0'. 

You shouldn't have a missing constraint for a slf4j impl as it is just provided. Have you made changes to anything else and what version of Virgo/dm server are you using? Is this the xml commons jar you are having problems with in your other forum post?

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #550512 is a reply to message #550506] Fri, 30 July 2010 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many thanks for your reply, the spoons are gently cooling by the side for now.

I've just tried to enter the extra lines into the server.profile as you metioned but I'm still getting the error asking for the slf4j files. I'm guessing I'm adding them incorrectly although they seem congruent.

org.xml.sax,\
 org.xml.sax.ext,\
 org.xml.sax.helpers,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.res,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils,\ 
 com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal,\ 
 com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.jaxp,\ 
 com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.objects
org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation = \
 com.springsource.osgi.extensions.*,\
 com.springsource.osgi.launcher.*,\
 com.springsource.kernel.authentication,\

I'm using the dm server 2.0.2.M1 release and I'm also testing in virgo M01,

The problem I was having before with the xmlcommons file was because I was trying to add it into the import bundle of the project as it was the only way how I knew at the time, now that I am using the admin console as well as eclipse things seem to be progressing instead of a dead end. However I feel the road is long......
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #550513 is a reply to message #550512] Fri, 30 July 2010 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just noticed the first line in the code section is indented, it's not like this in the server.profile however.
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #550518 is a reply to message #550513] Fri, 30 July 2010 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

Glad to hear the spoons are down.

I have:

org.xml.sax,\
 org.xml.sax.ext,\
 org.xml.sax.helpers,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.res,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.utils,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.jaxp,\
 com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.objects
org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation = \
 org.eclipse.virgo.osgi.extensions.*,\

I can't see any differences. I'm using Virgo M02, short of something really major we won't be doing any more releases on the dm Server line. Virgo is the future. Off the top of my head I can't think of any changes that would be affecting this.

How were you deploying things before? If you just put them in the repository they will be available if some other bundle needs it while the pickup dir and the admin console will both actively resolve and install the bundle.

When you get this problem could you use the admin console, osgi state tab to look for anything exporting the org.slf4j.impl package and just sanity check it is actually there, and at the requested version.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #550527 is a reply to message #550518] Fri, 30 July 2010 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Chris,

I downloaded the M02, but unfortunately it didn't work when I copy and pasted the text. I then pasting in the lines one by one, this worked so I imagine some hidden characters were in play somehow (I was using Notepad++).

All of this has been to the goal of getting com.springsource.javax.faces to work in the server. Now that I have got all the dependencies in, I'm trying to put the faces jar in and I'm now getting this incredbily helpful error

Cannot resolve: com.springsource.com.sun.faces

And in case you think I've just missed out a line or two, I haven't Sad
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #595941 is a reply to message #550518] Fri, 30 July 2010 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Chris,

I downloaded the M02, but unfortunately it didn't work when I copy and pasted the text. I then pasting in the lines one by one, this worked so I imagine some hidden characters were in play somehow (I was using Notepad++).

All of this has been to the goal of getting com.springsource.javax.faces to work in the server. Now that I have got all the dependencies in, I'm trying to put the faces jar in and I'm now getting this incredbily helpful error

Cannot resolve: com.springsource.com.sun.faces

And in case you think I've just missed out a line or two, I haven't :(
Re: server.profile incomplete [message #668117 is a reply to message #595941] Tue, 03 May 2011 19:50 Go to previous message
Jochen Szostek is currently offline Jochen SzostekFriend

had the same issue too...edited java6-server.profile and the issue seemed to be resolved...ran into another issue though but this could be non related to this problem

I was trying to run the jsf-demo I found here:
https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/DMS-2874

and I now get this error:
	at org.eclipse.virgo.web.core.internal.WebBundleLifecycleListener.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleListener.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.StandardArtifactStateMonitor.onStarted(StandardArtifactStateMonitor.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact.asyncStartSucceeded(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:293)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact.access$0(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:290)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractInstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal.signalSuccessfulCompletion(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:228)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartTracker$1.run(BundleStartTracker.java:143)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.WebApplicationStartFailedException: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/jsf-demo' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start(StandardWebApplication.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.web.core.internal.WebBundleLifecycleListener.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleListener.java:122)
	... 8 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/jsf-demo' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.TomcatServletContainer.startWebApplication(TomcatServletContainer.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start(StandardWebApplication.java:91)
	... 9 common frames omitted

Will try my luck in the JSF2 topic on the forums here. grts
Previous Topic:Virgo survey results
Next Topic:Dependency Problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:37:29 GMT 2024