Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring
Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #550321] Thu, 29 July 2010 22:09 Go to next message
Anthony is currently offline AnthonyFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to get my project into OSGI. I'm going through the tutorials on the DM server docs and have come up with issue as soon as I add the org.springframework.spring jar.

Resolver report:
        Uses violation: <Import-Package: org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker; version="0.0.0"> in bundle <org.springframework.showcase.formtags-shared-libs_0.0.0>
             Resolver reported uses conflict for import constrained to bundle <org.springframework.web.servlet> constrained bundle version range "[3.0.0.RELEASE,3.0.0.RELEASE]"
. com.springsource.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'org.springframework.showcase.formtags-shared-libs' at version '0.0.0': Cannot resolve: org.springframework.showcase.formtags-shared-libs
    Resolver report:
        Uses violation: <Import-Package: org.springframework.web.servlet.view.freemarker; version="0.0.0"> in bundle <org.springframework.showcase.formtags-shared-libs_0.0.0>
             Resolver reported uses conflict for import constrained to bundle <org.springframework.web.servlet> constrained bundle version range "[3.0.0.RELEASE,3.0.0.RELEASE]"

I don't understand why this issue would be occuring, this is a package that is being exported by the jar, so why is there a uses constraint and how can I get rid of it, it's driving me up the wall.
Re: Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #550336 is a reply to message #550321] Thu, 29 July 2010 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I've managed to fix this after about five hours of trying to figure out what went on. The solution was to of course to delete it all and start again, which seems to be an unfaltering reserve in the world of OSGI.
Re: Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #550405 is a reply to message #550336] Fri, 30 July 2010 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi Anthony,

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner, the dev team for Virgo is based in England so there is a little time lag. Glad to hear your trying OSGi out, I have a few comments from what you've said.

Uses violations occur when the different dependencies of a bundle clash as they use different versions of the same package. I'm not surprised this happened when you put the spring.jar in. We ship with the Spring framework already provided and modularised in to about a dozen different jars. Unless you specifically need a different version I would just use the provided one as it's easier.

Regards, Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #550450 is a reply to message #550321] Fri, 30 July 2010 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for you response. I was actually only adding this as it's included in the greenpages examples. I'm in the UK myself but have been working late trying to get OSGI to work. I've gone from plain OSGI to DM Server to Virgo, I've not been able to get hardly any of the examples working. Greenpages worked the first time and then started to complain about a missing META-INF file which I could find now way of getting into the jar and no error message to say why it wasn't included.

It would be good to see some really simple web examples that could just be added as a project in eclipse that just worked, I think all the additional technology llike the Maven may be causing issues that are very difficult to overcome when you are trying to learn OSGI only (although I will eventually put Maven & Bundlor in probably). I just don't think it's a good idea to promote the framework by packaging it all together with what appear to be unreliable frameworks (from all the postings I can see and fact I just can't get it to work)

I'm trying to cut back on the technologies and get JSF working in OSGI and I have another question and would be really grateful if people could help me just to get a simple JSF application working, have started another post for it though so not to confuse this posting.
Re: Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #594323 is a reply to message #550321] Thu, 29 July 2010 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I've managed to fix this after about five hours of trying to figure out what went on. The solution was to of course to delete it all and start again, which seems to be an unfaltering reserve in the world of OSGI.
Re: Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #594330 is a reply to message #594323] Fri, 30 July 2010 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi Anthony,

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner, the dev team for Virgo is based in England so there is a little time lag. Glad to hear your trying OSGi out, I have a few comments from what you've said.

Uses violations occur when the different dependencies of a bundle clash as they use different versions of the same package. I'm not surprised this happened when you put the spring.jar in. We ship with the Spring framework already provided and modularised in to about a dozen different jars. Unless you specifically need a different version I would just use the provided one as it's easier.

Regards, Chris.
--

Re: Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring [message #594357 is a reply to message #550321] Fri, 30 July 2010 12:19 Go to previous message
Hi,

Thanks for you response. I was actually only adding this as it's included in the greenpages examples. I'm in the UK myself but have been working late trying to get OSGI to work. I've gone from plain OSGI to DM Server to Virgo, I've not been able to get hardly any of the examples working. Greenpages worked the first time and then started to complain about a missing META-INF file which I could find now way of getting into the jar and no error message to say why it wasn't included.

It would be good to see some really simple web examples that could just be added as a project in eclipse that just worked, I think all the additional technology llike the Maven may be causing issues that are very difficult to overcome when you are trying to learn OSGI only (although I will eventually put Maven & Bundlor in probably). I just don't think it's a good idea to promote the framework by packaging it all together with what appear to be unreliable frameworks (from all the postings I can see and fact I just can't get it to work)

I'm trying to cut back on the technologies and get JSF working in OSGI and I have another question and would be really grateful if people could help me just to get a simple JSF application working, have started another post for it though so not to confuse this posting.
Previous Topic:Uses constraint when adding org.springframework.spring
Next Topic:JSF in DM Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:55:18 GMT 2024