Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » why /var/lib/hudson/jobs/xyz/workspace/buckminster.output is created(on Client pc)
why /var/lib/hudson/jobs/xyz/workspace/buckminster.output is created [message #550189] Thu, 29 July 2010 13:45 Go to next message
Amel Jakupovic is currently offline Amel JakupovicFriend
Hy guys,

when I publish product build with buckminster3.5/hudson to client pc. When product is started, it's created this folder.

Why ?

On windows it's possible to create, but on linux it's dificult Smile

thanks
Re: why /var/lib/hudson/jobs/xyz/workspace/buckminster.output is created [message #550196 is a reply to message #550189] Thu, 29 July 2010 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp Nanz is currently offline Philipp NanzFriend
Seems to be related to this P2 bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=273821

I have also found the folder /opt/public/technology/epp/epp_build/35/eclipse/ being created on my workstation, but I couldn't track down the exact circumstances
Re: why /var/lib/hudson/jobs/xyz/workspace/buckminster.output is created [message #550207 is a reply to message #550189] Thu, 29 July 2010 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read that we must use -roming parameter in product.ant.

but I don't know (can't find) what this parameter is for. is boolean, path...
thanks Philipp
Re: why /var/lib/hudson/jobs/xyz/workspace/buckminster.output is created [message #550248 is a reply to message #550189] Thu, 29 July 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put it in product.ant <ant value="-roaming"/>

same.

now I found the parameter -shared

now I will try with that param.

this is all parametrs from direcotr:
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/eclipse_documentation /eclipse_platform_plug-in_developer_guide/topic/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/guide/eclipse_platform_plugin_p2_director.h tml

thanks
Re: why /var/lib/hudson/jobs/xyz/workspace/buckminster.output is created [message #550270 is a reply to message #550189] Thu, 29 July 2010 16:59 Go to previous message
I risolved like this.

I publis product on local PC (without hudson). Zip it and publish it to all clients.
After that client start the application, and when go to install new software everything works fine.

Previous Topic:java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/p2.brandingIron
Next Topic:Include dynamically created rootfiles in p2 site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:56:13 GMT 2024