Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Which database with RCP?
Which database with RCP? [message #550174] Thu, 29 July 2010 13:03 Go to next message
mho is currently offline mhoFriend
Hi,
at the moment, I am facing a new problem: I have to connect my RCP with a database. But I really wonder whar database to use: Do you have any experiences with that topic and can give some recommendation?
Thx, mho
Re: Which database with RCP? [message #550213 is a reply to message #550174] Thu, 29 July 2010 14:31 Go to previous message
Florian Philipp is currently offline Florian PhilippFriend
As far as I know, RCP does not contain any database bindings or other "preferences" for a certain system. Therefore you basically do what you do with every third-party library:

1. Decide on a system based on your needs (you really didn't specify your requirements, therefore I can't help you with that decision).
2. If you need to include third-party JAR files in your application, you wrap the JARs in a plugin.
3. If you need to include native code in your application, you wrap that in fragments.

Database connection handling sounds like a fun thing to do with OSGi services. You could provide individual connections as OSGi services using OSGi's "Service Factory" concept for connection pooling.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp
Previous Topic:Rich Text Editor with XML model
Next Topic:NoclassDefFound .../SWTError when running exported application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:11:10 GMT 2024