Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Deploy war file(Question about deploying a war file)
Deploy war file [message #547289] Fri, 16 July 2010 08:17 Go to next message
Abid Hussain is currently offline Abid HussainFriend
Hello,

I am using Virgo 2.1.0.M02. For test purposes, I created a simple web application (with just one index.jsp in it) and deployed it as war on Virgo (put it into the pickup dir)

In the console output it says that the webapp has been successfully started and installed under the correct context.

But in the browser tomcat gives me a 404 (requested resource is not available).

This is my MANIFEST.MF:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-Vendor: Dilax
Bundle-Classpath: .
Bundle-Version: 2.0
Tool: Bundlor 1.0.0.RELEASE
Bundle-Name: Sample Webapp
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: sample-webapp

So my questions are:
1. What am I doing wrong?
2. Is a OSGi-like MANIFEST.MF needed at all to deploy a war?
Re: Deploy war file [message #547294 is a reply to message #547289] Fri, 16 July 2010 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You don't seem to be doing anything wrong. No manifest is needed for a standard WAR file.

You may like to compare with the attached simple war file which I just deployed into the pickup directory of Virgo 2.1.0.M02-incubation and successfully accessed from a browser.
  • Attachment: helloweb.war
    (Size: 1.13KB, Downloaded 394 times)
Re: Deploy war file [message #547324 is a reply to message #547294] Fri, 16 July 2010 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for giving me the quick help. It was my fault. I accidently put my index.jsp into the WEB-INF folder instead of the wepapps root folder.

Strange, I couldn't install the war you attached. I get the following error:
File 'C:\virgo-web-server-2.1.0.M02-incubation\pickup\helloweb.war' cannot be unpacked as a JAR. java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

The file seems to be okay, at least I can open it with WINRAR. Nevertheless I'm glad I could solve my problem.

Regards,

Abid
Re: Deploy war file [message #590529 is a reply to message #547289] Fri, 16 July 2010 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You don't seem to be doing anything wrong. No manifest is needed for a standard WAR file.

You may like to compare with the attached simple war file which I just deployed into the pickup directory of Virgo 2.1.0.M02-incubation and successfully accessed from a browser.

• Attachment: helloweb.war
    (Size: 1.13KB, Downloaded 291 times)
Re: Deploy war file [message #590538 is a reply to message #590529] Fri, 16 July 2010 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for giving me the quick help. It was my fault. I accidently put my index.jsp into the WEB-INF folder instead of the wepapps root folder.

Strange, I couldn't install the war you attached. I get the following error:
File 'C:\virgo-web-server-2.1.0.M02-incubation\pickup\helloweb.wa r' cannot be unpacked as a JAR. java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

The file seems to be okay, at least I can open it with WINRAR. Nevertheless I'm glad I could solve my problem.

Regards,

Abid
java.util.zip.ZipException [message #767210 is a reply to message #590529] Sat, 17 December 2011 10:16 Go to previous message
karthik elavan is currently offline karthik elavanFriend
Hi,
I have successful deployed war file in virgo 3.0.2 and run the my application it's fine, but at same time i have multiple time upload the war file(more then 3 times), I was got the heap dump and hang the server and another on eissue for i got the java.util.zip.ZipException my log please help me what is this happening

thanks
karthik

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2011 10:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:NamespaceHandler
Next Topic:Virgo Heap Dump
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:30:47 GMT 2024