Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend Studio 7.2.1.v20100704(How to disable DLTK indexing in Eclipse)
DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend Studio 7.2.1.v20100704 [message #546547] Tue, 13 July 2010 10:43 Go to next message
Igor Kryltsov is currently offline Igor KryltsovFriend
Wouldn't you mind to help me and other people ( http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5783&sta rt=0#p20169) to turn off DLTK indexing somehow as it makes Zend Studio practically unusable for PHP development? Each modification inside editor is delayed due to DLTK indexing in progress.

Thanks a lot.
Igor

[Updated on: Fri, 30 July 2010 05:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend 7.3 [message #547213 is a reply to message #546547] Fri, 16 July 2010 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody knows on DLTK development forum how to disable it?
I can post video showing how it affects editing PHP files in Zend 7.2.0 if you need an evidence?
Re: DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend 7.3 [message #547219 is a reply to message #547213] Fri, 16 July 2010 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Panchenko is currently offline Alex PanchenkoFriend
Hi Igor,

Zend Studio is based on PDT. And PDT uses DLTK.
This indexing is not implemented by DLTK only, both projects take part in it. The storage and control is provided by DLTK and PHP specific indexing is implemented by PDT. The indexes are used in open type/method, search, auto completion, etc. It wasn't designed to be easily disabled as without it you can't use a lot of IDE functions. So, it should be there, but it should work "invisible", so you don't know if it happens. As I remember there were some improvements in the indexing performed during last year.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what PDT/DLTK versions are included in particular Zend Studio releases. And anyway, the best place to ask for help is actually Zend support. Or you can post questions in PDT forums if the problem can be reproduced in pure PDT installation.

If I understand correctly, the only way to resolve those issues is using java profiler to check what operations take most time and if they can be optimized, optimizing when possible, redesigning when it's not possible, etc. Most probably your files would be helpful for the profiling as I believe simple scripts are processed fine.

Regards,
Alex
Re: DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend 7.3 [message #547223 is a reply to message #547219] Fri, 16 July 2010 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Panchenko wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 22:02

If I understand correctly, the only way to resolve those issues is using java profiler to check what operations take most time and if they can be optimized, optimizing when possible, redesigning when it's not possible, etc. Most probably your files would be helpful for the profiling as I believe simple scripts are processed fine.

Thank you Alex. I was trying to find your personal email hoping to ask directly but failed Smile

I am about to install Zend 7.2.1 hoping it was fixed. By looking at Zend participation in Zend support forum (link in my first post) I do not believe they care or may be just lost their passion for a product.

If upgrade will not solve I will have to dig in and extract what hits the break pedal (message during delays in a bottom line is "DLTK indexing is in progress...").

I realised that DLTK is deep inside Eclipse as simple attempt to exclude all DLTK extensions in plugin.xml broke system completely Smile

I am working on a PHP/JS/HTML project with about 500K lines of everything but I I do not want to stop with every key type. I would be better to run necessary indexing manually myself.

I tried NuSphere PHPEd in a mean time but once you get used to Mylyn scoping it is hard to continue without it Smile
Again I can connect PHP Sniffer - Eclipse/Zend is very good the only missing bit is speed of work. If you search stackoverflow.com - you will see many questions on this topic too.
Re: DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend 7.3 [message #548162 is a reply to message #547223] Tue, 20 July 2010 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor is currently offline Roy GanorFriend
Hi Igor,

As I understand your project includes PHP/JS/CSS - make sure that the buildpath of the PHP is optimized and you exclude all non-php resources from your project buildpath.

Read more details here: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/plu gins/org.eclipse.php.help/html/Configuring_Build_Paths.htm?r oot=Tools_Project&view=co

enjoy Wink
Roy

Re: DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend 7.3 [message #548818 is a reply to message #548162] Fri, 23 July 2010 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roy Ganor wrote on Tue, 20 July 2010 17:05

Read more details here: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/plu gins/org.eclipse.php.help/html/Configuring_Build_Paths.htm?r oot=Tools_Project&view=co

Thanks for the link. Is it Grinch who stole the pictures? Smile
Re: DLTK indexing annoyance in Zend 7.3 [message #549210 is a reply to message #548162] Mon, 26 July 2010 06:48 Go to previous message
Roy Ganor wrote on Tue, 20 July 2010 17:05
Hi Igor,
As I understand your project includes PHP/JS/CSS - make sure that the buildpath of the PHP is optimized and you exclude all non-php resources from your project buildpath.

I was almost 100% sure and people in Zend Forum pointed it out. Build path has nothing to do with DLTK indexing.
I added all my /www directory into Exclusions, unticked all Builders under Project-->Properties restarted Zend and I typed four spaces inside editor and DLTK indexing is in progress and editor hiccups.

I can post Zend components versions screenshot but this forum does not allow attachments for some reason.

Alex - what is pure PDT installation? "PDT forums if the problem can be reproduced in pure PDT installation"
Vanilla Eclipse with PHP plugin (no Zend)?

Thank you
Previous Topic:(DLTK Newbie) Creating new script editor: NPE
Next Topic:[BUILD] I-I201008060543-201008060543
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:15:01 GMT 2024