Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] What kind of ATL2006compiler error is this?
[ATL] What kind of ATL2006compiler error is this? [message #545916] Fri, 09 July 2010 15:22 Go to next message
Marten Sijtema is currently offline Marten SijtemaFriend
Hello ATL friends,

I got a problem. I have a Higher-order Transformation (HOT), that has as output an .atl file. This works fine, ie. i get the .atl file.

Now, I want to chain a bunch of things together, so i want to programmatically (from java) compile the .atl file to a .asm file. Well, if i just paste it in an ATL project, immediately the .asm file is generated. But when I try to do this programmatically (with the same model), the error below occurs.

Could someone explain in the first place, what KIND of error this is? Because it is hard for me to assess what goes wrong.

Furthermore, and even better, does someone have an example of how to start the ATL compiler (standalone, outside eclipse) programmatically. Is there an elegant way? I just kind of 'hacked' it. Smile

The error is this:
org.eclipse.m2m.atl.engine.emfvm.VMException: Operation not found: org.eclipse.m2m.atl.engine.asm.ASMEmitter@21a024c.beginLineNumberEntry(org.eclipse.m2m.atl.engine.emfvm.lib.OclUndefined)
	at process(ATLCompiler.atl)
		local variables: self=IN!<unnamed>:ATL!Binding
	at process_apply(ATLCompiler.atl[904:4-904:30])
		local variables: self=IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement
	at process_apply(ATLCompiler.atl[775:10-775:66])
		local variables: self=IN!EClass2MVC:ATL!MatchedRule, forEach=Sequence {IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleInPatternElement}, ipe=IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleInPatternElement, forEach=Sequence {IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement}, ope=IN!<unnamed>:ATL!SimpleOutPatternElement, forEach=Sequence {}, v=<null>
	at process(ATLCompiler.atl[538:3-538:26])
		local variables: self=IN!EClass2MVC:ATL!MatchedRule
	at process(ATLCompiler.atl[448:3-448:24])
		local variables: self=IN!ecore2gwt:ATL!Module
	at main(ATLCompiler.atl)
		local variables: self=thisModule, WriteTo='/Users/marten/Work/EclipseWorkspaces/fatl2atl/out-models/ecore2gwt-featuresEnabled.asm'

My company: Sytematic, building business software from models.
Re: [ATL] What kind of ATL2006compiler error is this? [message #546638 is a reply to message #545916] Tue, 13 July 2010 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This still holds me up, anybody any idea?

Re: [ATL] What kind of ATL2006compiler error is this? [message #546640 is a reply to message #545916] Tue, 13 July 2010 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
Have you tried in Regular VM ?
Re: [ATL] What kind of ATL2006compiler error is this? [message #546645 is a reply to message #545916] Tue, 13 July 2010 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How would you call that from Java? Do you have an example?

Re: [ATL] What kind of ATL2006compiler error is this? [message #547002 is a reply to message #545916] Wed, 14 July 2010 22:09 Go to previous message
Nevermind the last question.

My first solution did not serialize the ATLModel in memory and then inject it again.

It seems that if I first extract the ATL Model to a .atl file, and then inject it again, things work fine. Could it be that it is because I create elements without setting their 'location' attribute? It seems that beginLineNumberEntry might have something to do with the location attribute (just a random guess this!)?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2010 22:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[ATL] is this case refinement or transformation
Next Topic:[QVTo] Referencing types of super-model (model inheritance)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:55:58 GMT 2024