Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2(Is there any tooling shipped for JAX-RS development in WTP 3.2)
JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #545822] Fri, 09 July 2010 09:59 Go to next message
Amandeep Chandna is currently offline Amandeep ChandnaFriend
Hi Forum,
I have just got the eclipse 3.6 and in it I installed WTP 3.2 Framework.What I am looking for in it is JAX-RS tooling
like there exists for JAX-WS.But I couldn't found any tooling for this.What I could see is that a new facet-JAX-RS facet has been introduced,through which we can configure the the JAX-RS implementation library and it updates the web.xml for the desired Servlet.That seems to be interesting.But I am inquisitive about-if JAX-RS tooling is on the road-map of WTP which provides end end
framework for converting the POJOs into the Annotated resources
and help deploy on the tomcat or any other server.

If somebody has the information,please share.

Thanks.
Regards,
Aman.
Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #552239 is a reply to message #545822] Wed, 11 August 2010 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tilak Sharma is currently offline Tilak SharmaFriend
Does WTP have JAX-RS tooling support in its roadmap, in near future?

Similar to JAX-WS tooling we have in WTP, will there be any JAX-RS tooling?

In WTP 3.2, I observe that JAX-RS facet has been introduced, but no tooling is provided.

Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #552672 is a reply to message #545822] Fri, 13 August 2010 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hey there,
i think my problem goes in the same direction.

I have eclipse running and WTP installed.

My issue is, i program JIRA plugins and these use J2EE parts. So i have importing lines like this:

import javax.ws.rs.Path;
import javax.ws.rs.GET;

I alsways become compiler errors. When i run these code with the maven compiler shipped by JIRA everything works fine.
So it must be an eclipse problem.
How do i get full support in eclipse for J2EE? I do not really need a Java Application server. I also downloaded "eclipse for J2EE developers," but nothing changed?

Hope you can help me.
Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #552790 is a reply to message #552672] Fri, 13 August 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Worked fine for me now.
There were maven dependencies, which weren't "used".

Now this point seems fine.
Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #633186 is a reply to message #552239] Fri, 15 October 2010 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Chong is currently offline Keith ChongFriend
Hi Tilak,

We're still in the planning phase in terms of JAX-RS tooling. Check the 3.3 web services plan, we only have JAX-WS content in-plan.

What exact requirements do you have? Were you planning to contribute something?
Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #634595 is a reply to message #633186] Fri, 22 October 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tilak Sharma is currently offline Tilak SharmaFriend
Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply!

We have JAX-RS tooling in our road map for our Product. If possible, we would surely contribute to WTP. But not sure as of now.

Thanks,
Tilak
Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #635766 is a reply to message #634595] Thu, 28 October 2010 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Chong is currently offline Keith ChongFriend
Hi Tilak, np. Let me know when you're ready. Do you have a 3.3 milestone in mind?
Re: JAX-RS Tooling in 3.2 [message #635890 is a reply to message #634595] Thu, 28 October 2010 14:06 Go to previous message
Mark Hutchinson is currently offline Mark HutchinsonFriend
There is some support for creating a JAX-RS project by setting up a user library for a JAX-RS implementation like Apache wink.

This tutorial has more details: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_JAX-RS_Web_Service
Previous Topic:Need help with applet
Next Topic:Why my Helios is so slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:59:10 GMT 2024