Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Multiline text in table headers
Multiline text in table headers [message #545821] Fri, 09 July 2010 09:56 Go to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
When I call setText("Fri\n9/07") on a TableColumn, it looks nice in Linux, showing two lines in the header. However, on Mac OS X, the header's size doesn't change, and I see the bottom half of the first line and the upper half of the second. Is there a way to make header high enough on Mac and Windows?
Re: Multiline text in table headers [message #546386 is a reply to message #545821] Mon, 12 July 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

When multi-line text is set in the header the behavior is platform dependent. Not all platforms allow multiple lines in the header. Multiple lines are shown on Linux but on Windows multiples lines are shown as single line text.
There is a feature request for this in bugzilla - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=97077.
You can add yourself and vote for the bug if you are interested in the feature.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: Multiline text in table headers [message #546431 is a reply to message #546386] Mon, 12 July 2010 18:20 Go to previous message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
I've added myself to the bug, but I can live with this limitation.
Previous Topic:Why finalize method not overriden for system resource classes?
Next Topic:How are PaintEvents supposed to work?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:17:55 GMT 2024