Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Automatically share projects imported in eclipse
Automatically share projects imported in eclipse [message #545681] Thu, 08 July 2010 15:08 Go to next message
Vlad is currently offline VladFriend
When git projects are imported via "Import/General/Existing projects into Workspace", they are not automatically shared.

When cvs or svn projects are imported in the same way, they are shared automatically.

How difficult would it be to have it done for git too?

Vlad
Re: Automatically share projects imported in eclipse [message #545730 is a reply to message #545681] Thu, 08 July 2010 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Vlad wrote:

> When git projects are imported via "Import/General/Existing projects into
> Workspace", they are not automatically shared.
>
> When cvs or svn projects are imported in the same way, they are shared
> automatically.
>
> How difficult would it be to have it done for git too?
>
> Vlad

It is in there and has been most of the time, though it has changed in
the details After clone you get a dialog to import.

File>import>git
Clone
Finish

When clone finish you get a new dialog where you can import
and (this is quite new) even create projects (when no .project exists).
Check out the nighlies if 0.8.4 is not to your liking.

-- robin
Re: Automatically share projects imported in eclipse [message #545733 is a reply to message #545730] Thu, 08 July 2010 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robin,

I know about Import/Git, but that's not what I'm talking about. Smile

I'm talking about the standard eclipse Import/Existing Projects into Workspace. When that import is used for projects checked out from cvs or svn, the imported projects are automatically "connected" to the SCM provider/repository.

That does not happen for projects checked out from git - it would be very nice to have consistent behavior across all scm providers.

Vlad
Re: Automatically share projects imported in eclipse [message #582057 is a reply to message #545730] Thu, 08 July 2010 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robin,

I know about Import/Git, but that's not what I'm talking about. :)

I'm talking about the standard eclipse Import/Existing Projects into Workspace. When that import is used for projects checked out from cvs or svn, the imported projects are automatically "connected" to the SCM provider/repository.

That does not happen for projects checked out from git - it would be very nice to have consistent behavior across all scm providers.

Vlad
Re: Automatically share projects imported in eclipse [message #676644 is a reply to message #582057] Sun, 05 June 2011 20:58 Go to previous message
Ray V. is currently offline Ray V.Friend
I'm currently having some difficulty with the project import... my workflow is the same as the original poster and isn't working for me.

I want to checkout from commandline and then import into eclipse. Ideally the import step would also share the project, but that has to happen as a separate step. Also authentication fails for me when trying to for example do a pull. I suspect egit can't find the configs? I'm on mac and the repo I'm using is on github. Everything works ok from the commandline, just an egit problem. If I checkout the project from egit then it works ok, but it says it's generating a new password which is weird... and also I don't want to be forced to checkout projects from eclipse... I'd rather be able to use commandline, then import into eclipse.
Previous Topic:Team -> Show annotation (git blame)
Next Topic:Cloning JiBX git repository fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:48:19 GMT 2024