Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Green Pages cannot read META-INF file
Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #545468] Wed, 07 July 2010 21:33 Go to next message
Anthony is currently offline AnthonyFriend
Hi,

It's me again. I'm still having speed issues but fighting through, I'm not trying to run the Green Pages project, I imported it the other day and it worked, I've now tried to run it again (after not changing any of the code) and it's getting a cannot read manifest.mf error.

I've looked in the the staging directory and it's not there. In fact it's not there for any of the projects in the par except for the web project, and all the versions are set to 0.0.0 (not surprising I guess if it can't find the manifest). Anyone know why this would happen, I got it the other day on another project, one moment it was working fine and then this error, I hadn't changed any of the code or moved it about or anything.

Many thanks,

Anthony.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #545493 is a reply to message #545468] Thu, 08 July 2010 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Did you do a clean rebuild of the project? We've noticed a similar problem where the Virgo tooling does not generate a manifest when it should. It seems the clean rebuild deletes any previously existing manifest.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 July 2010 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #545540 is a reply to message #545493] Thu, 08 July 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Glyn,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this didn't work. It appears that none of the projects pick up the META-INF except for the web project. Maybe this is something more to do with Maven, are there any log files that I could be checking to see if something is not building correctly?
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #545653 is a reply to message #545540] Thu, 08 July 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't suggesting that a clean rebuild would solve your problem. A clean rebuild is where the problem first becomes apparent if Eclipse is failing to generate the manifest.

I'm not aware of any logging inside Eclipse, but I'm no expert on that front. You may like to raise a JIRA or speak to the experts over on the dm Server tools forum.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #547475 is a reply to message #545653] Sat, 17 July 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry about the delayed response, I haven't had a chance to look back at this until now. Yes you are right the clean rebuild is when my problem started, do you have any idea on a solution for this issue?
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #547509 is a reply to message #545468] Sun, 18 July 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Glynn,

I don't know much about either technology but it looks like Bundlor is recreating the maven pom file and is not putting the build tag back in which is why the manifest is not getting put into the bundle at build-time.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #547963 is a reply to message #547475] Tue, 20 July 2010 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony wrote on Sat, 17 July 2010 13:18
Hi,

Sorry about the delayed response, I haven't had a chance to look back at this until now. Yes you are right the clean rebuild is when my problem started, do you have any idea on a solution for this issue?

A workaround is to avoid clean rebuilds or to do a command line build to re-generate the manifest.

As for a solution, please raise a tooling JIRA.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #547965 is a reply to message #547509] Tue, 20 July 2010 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony wrote on Sun, 18 July 2010 01:00
Hi Glynn,

I don't know much about either technology but it looks like Bundlor is recreating the maven pom file and is not putting the build tag back in which is why the manifest is not getting put into the bundle at build-time.

Please take this up with the tooling guys as I suggested earlier as they know the current state of play best and they don't hang out here.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #586512 is a reply to message #545468] Thu, 08 July 2010 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you do a clean rebuild of the project? We've noticed a similar problem where the Virgo tooling does not generate a manifest when it should.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #586539 is a reply to message #545493] Thu, 08 July 2010 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Glyn,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this didn't work. It appears that none of the projects pick up the META-INF except for the web project. Maybe this is something more to do with Maven, are there any log files that I could be checking to see if something is not building correctly?
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #586595 is a reply to message #586539] Thu, 08 July 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't suggesting that a clean rebuild would solve your problem. A clean rebuild is where the problem first becomes apparent if Eclipse is failing to generate the manifest.

I'm not aware of any logging inside Eclipse, but I'm no expert on that front. You may like to https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/DMST or speak to the experts over on the http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=56
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #590552 is a reply to message #586595] Sat, 17 July 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #590562 is a reply to message #545468] Sun, 18 July 2010 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Glynn,

Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #591340 is a reply to message #590552] Tue, 20 July 2010 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony wrote on Sat, 17 July 2010 13:18
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about the delayed response, I haven't had a chance to look back at this until now. Yes you are right the clean rebuild is when my problem started, do you have any idea on a solution for this issue?

A workaround is to avoid clean rebuilds or to do a command line build to re-generate the manifest.

As for a solution, please raise a tooling JIRA.
Re: Green Pages cannot read META-INF file [message #591347 is a reply to message #590562] Tue, 20 July 2010 09:41 Go to previous message
Anthony wrote on Sun, 18 July 2010 01:00
> Hi Glynn,
>
> I don't know much about either technology but it looks like Bundlor is recreating the maven pom file and is not putting the build tag back in which is why the manifest is not getting put into the bundle at build-time.

Please take this up with the tooling guys as I suggested earlier as they know the current state of play best and they don't hang out here.
Previous Topic:virgo [dmserver] repositories
Next Topic:Problem using sl4j 1.6.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:53:34 GMT 2024