Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins(UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins)
UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins [message #543597] Tue, 29 June 2010 23:38 Go to next message
Fernando Herrera is currently offline Fernando HerreraFriend
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find the source code with the models of UML diagrams inside eclipse modeling version because I have to develop a set of plugins with a particular dsl and the elements need to be viewed like an UML profile. Any idea where i can find them?. I would like to reuse the models and part of the code and obtain ideas from there. Regards!
Re: UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins [message #545557 is a reply to message #543597] Thu, 08 July 2010 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ralf.ellner.cs.fau.de

Fernando,

> Hi everyone. I'm trying to find the source code with the models of UML
> diagrams inside eclipse modeling version because I have to develop a set
> of plugins with a particular dsl and the elements need to be viewed like
> an UML profile. Any idea where i can find them?. I would like to reuse
> the models and part of the code and obtain ideas from there. Regards!

the plugin 'org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def' contains the GMF source
models. However, this plugin is not included in the helios release at
the moment.

Best regards, Ralf
Re: UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins [message #546711 is a reply to message #545557] Tue, 13 July 2010 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot Ralf for answer the question. I have found it in the galileo release I'am using now.
Re: UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins [message #552506 is a reply to message #543597] Thu, 12 August 2010 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirsten M. Z. is currently offline Kirsten M. Z.Friend
Hi Fernando,

may I ask if you have been successful in generating the "diagram code" and the editors using 'org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.def'?

I spent two day, trying many different versions of Uml2Tools and Eclipse (including Helios and Uml2Tool 0.9.2) without success. I also tried following an old tutorial (GMF cookbook) step by step, but I cannot generate anything!

Maybe, you had more luck?

Regards,
Kirsten

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins [message #552730 is a reply to message #543597] Fri, 13 August 2010 09:48 Go to previous message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
It will not work today because profiles are not transferable.

You can try EclipseUML Omondo and profiles will immediately work. Graphical DSL on the top of UML profiles mechanism is a glue which is specific and should be paid as an integration project.

My vision is not to recommend creating your own metamodel from EMF but the use of the standard UML metamodel (e.g. OMG standard) and add stereotypes on the top of it is the best solution. Once the stereotype has been added then the shape of the UML element is changed at diagram level. I mean that you can decide to have for example an interface like a square or a lollipop. This is the same model element but different graphical representation. This graphical mechanism could be extended to all UML elements and the use of stereotypes will create specific graphical DSL.
If UML doesn't contains the needed graphical information then you can add thos information directly in the metamodel such as a note, or constraint etc...It means that the internal UML2 metamodel mechanism is running the model validation (e.g. absolute marvelous technology) and any additional information would be used as internal model DSL. The shape mechanism would change the graphical design depending on stereotypes, notes etc.....

Re: UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins [message #628539 is a reply to message #545557] Tue, 13 July 2010 21:37 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot Ralf for answer the question. I have found it in the galileo release I'am using now.
Previous Topic:How use Realization getRealizingClassifier in UML2
Next Topic:UML 2 GMF and Models Plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:09:41 GMT 2024