Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » qualifier substitution with revision number(Without svn+ssh, credentials in properties file)
qualifier substitution with revision number [message #543521] Tue, 29 June 2010 16:43 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hello,

I've been struggling to make qualifier substitution for revision number work using methods such as embedding credentials into rmap and using svn+ssh protocol. The last one I didn't even try because I cannot use this protocol at my location.

I am using local provider because that's what only works in my setup, using svn provider causes 'Authentication Cancelled' exception to be thrown. Are there any ways I can make revision for qualifier work? I remember Thomas mentioned that there could be possibility to use qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision using local providers, is that still planned? The other solution I see is to call an ant script that would do the replacement, but may be I don't see some other solution for this?

thanks for your help,
Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2010 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: qualifier substitution with revision number [message #544130 is a reply to message #543521] Thu, 01 July 2010 16:51 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
I am currently trying to use template workspace which is mentioned in Bucky book (page 39), but have some questions:

• I created empty workspace and connected to my repository, but never was I asked for credentials I guess because they are stored on the machine somewhere, so how will buckminster match credentials if they are not (as I presume) in the workspace? Should I checkout something into the workspace before compressing it?
  • I am doing this build in Hudson (IDE works fine with svn provider) and my command is this import --template ${WORKSPACE}buckminster.authentication.zip '${WORKSPACE}trunk.svn.cquery. Is that how --template should be used?
  • When this command is executed I get error from Hudson: Workspace at C:\hudson\jobs\trunk.nightly.bucky.svn\workspace is not empty, how is that should be handled? I have buckminster set to be installed and updated automatically.

Lastly, sometime ago it was mentioned that there could possibility of chaining svn provider with local provider so that revision qualifier can be used in local provider without setting up different solutions such as workspace template, svn+ssh. Is that still planned? Because that would the best solution as I don't think I am the only one who struggles getting qualifier replacement with revision using local provider.

Thank you very much for your help,
Alex

Previous Topic:psf import with different readtype?
Next Topic:OS X Cocoa x86_64 binary build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:40:18 GMT 2024