Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » persisting code folding state(best way to persist the state of folded annotations across restarts)
persisting code folding state [message #543287] Tue, 29 June 2010 00:05
denny is currently offline dennyFriend
I've got a long time user who's been asking, for years, for a way to persist the state of folded code in our editor.

I've tried random things over the years, but nothing has really felt right, or um, worked, for that matter.

I want to add this feature for my home-skillet. If I have to resort to stuffing stuff in hashmaps, or mementos, so be it, but I freaking *know* there's some elegant way of doing what I want to do.

I've tried all kinds of crazy stuff, but even tho I've gotten close (I think) it's all felt pretty nasty, compared to what I feel- no, know- must be lurking somewhere right in front of my face.

Any *real* Eclipse devs want to point my ass in the best direction to achieve this goal of persisted code folding annotation collapse state?

Would a silly little hashmap of annotations and their current collapse-state really be the best? If so, maybe load it up from my documentSetupParticipant, perhaps? Just seems like there is a better way already in here, somewhere.

Or maybe I can easily tie it to the IResource memento? That seems like a good spot, perhaps.

Any suggestions or hints or working code snippets would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:Galileo - Helios migration
Next Topic:Example-Plugins in Eclipse 3.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:58:20 GMT 2024