Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » Problem with examples
Problem with examples [message #543048] Mon, 28 June 2010 09:51 Go to next message
Helena Webster is currently offline Helena WebsterFriend
Hi

Problem with examples I've been ask to set up an environment for the development of AMP
I'm using the Helios modelling package as a base + BIRT. on XP
Amp has been downloaded as per web page plus the 3D extension the complete source checked out from CVS . on trying the Epidemic.metaabm example set a number of errors were reported where ints were replaced by boolean in the MetaABM file on correcting this and running the examples the Meta file for the Contact Meta file gives this error

Error Mon Jun 28 10:14:27 BST 2010
[ERROR]: Unknown Function "null" for All() Query(Element: All() Query; Reported by: -UNKNOWN-)

preventing execution, clearly something to do with the 3D as the 3D agent view gives this

Could not create the view: glGetString(GL_VERSION) returned null - possibly caused by missing current context.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: glGetString(GL_VERSION) returned null - possibly caused by missing current context.
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GLContext.getSupportedExtensions(GLContext. java:187)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextCapabilities.initAllStubs(ContextCap abilities.java:3442)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextCapabilities.<init>(ContextCapabilities.java:3690)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GLContext.useContext(GLContext.java:328)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GLContext.useContext(GLContext.java:287)
at org.eclipse.draw3d.graphics3d.lwjgl.Graphics3DLwjgl.useConte xt(Graphics3DLwjgl.java:1425)
at org.eclipse.draw3d.Draw3DCanvas.setDefaultRenderer(Draw3DCan vas.java:109)
at org.eclipse.draw3d.Draw3DCanvas.<init>(Draw3DCanvas.java:86)
at org.eclipse.draw3d.Draw3DCanvas.createCanvas(Draw3DCanvas.ja va:61)
at org.eclipse.gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalViewer3DHelper.createCon trol3D(GraphicalViewer3DHelper.java:253)
at org.eclipse.gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalViewer3DImpl.createContr ol3D(GraphicalViewer3DImpl.java:78)
at org.eclipse.gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalViewer3DImpl.createContr ol(GraphicalViewer3DImpl.java:69)
at org.eclipse.amp.agf.gef.EditPartViewPart.createPartControl(E ditPartViewPart.java:59)
at org.eclipse.amp.agf3d.GEF3DViewPart.createPartControl(GEF3DV iewPart.java:119)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewR eference.java:375)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReferen ce.java:229)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(Workb enchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.showView(Perspective.jav a:2245)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyShowView(Workbench Page.java:1071)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$20.run(WorkbenchPage.j ava:3822)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.showView(WorkbenchPage .java:3819)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.showView(WorkbenchPage .java:3795)
at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.ShowViewHandler.openView(ShowViewHan dler.java:162)
at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.ShowViewHandler.openOther(ShowViewHa ndler.java:106)
at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.ShowViewHandler.execute(ShowViewHand ler.java:74)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(Handle rProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command. java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithCh ecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeComma nd(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.execute Command(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ShowViewMenu$3.run(ShowViewMenu.java :144)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498 )
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2629)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2593)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:24 27)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:670)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:663)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

effects do I have to load down any further 3D packages? or configure eclipse in anyway?, the machine has been tested with the lg website test harness
Re: Problem with examples [message #543238 is a reply to message #543048] Mon, 28 June 2010 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi Helena,

There was a weird problem that cropped up having to do with the default types for model attributes and the EMF support for such. This caused booleans to be interpreted as Integers. However, that should have been resolved. I'm testing this right now. What version of AMP are you using? Were you able to get the non-Contact models running?

As background, I'm not sure I understand your environment setup, but you should not need to check out the complete source from CVS and that will not have any effect on your modeling runtime environment unless you are launching a self-hosting Eclipse Application and doing your model development from that. In fact, trying to build any Eclipse tools from within an environment that already has those tools installed into it could cause issues that are hard to diagnose. So you should do one of:

a) (Recommended for end-users and model developers): Install the AMP environment from update sites only.

b) (For AMP *developers*, i.e. people wishing to modify the AMP source code itself) Install any AMP dependencies (such as lwjgl) and Import the amp CVS tree into your environment, then launch AMP as an Elipse Application.

I'm about to de the blessed 0.8.0 release and I'll delay that until I'm sure that noone is having any issues with the current build.

By the way, I'm also going to be providing a ful IDE build for people who just want to download and run a complete working AMP.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543305 is a reply to message #543238] Tue, 29 June 2010 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 14:44
Hi Helena,

There was a weird problem that cropped up having to do with the default types for model attributes and the EMF support for such. This caused booleans to be interpreted as Integers. However, that should have been resolved. I'm testing this right now. What version of AMP are you using? Were you able to get the non-Contact models running?

Yes they run though any mention of 3D causes and error. The Int problem was caused by the type being set to boolean in the CVS version of the examples changing back to int cured this, eg. city dimensions were both boolean amongst others.

As background, I'm not sure I understand your environment setup, but you should not need to check out the complete source from CVS and that will not have any effect on your modeling runtime environment unless you are launching a self-hosting Eclipse Application and doing your model development from that. In fact, trying to build any Eclipse tools from within an environment that already has those tools installed into it could cause issues that are hard to diagnose. So you should do one of:

a) (Recommended for end-users and model developers): Install the AMP environment from update sites only.

b) (For AMP *developers*, i.e. people wishing to modify the AMP source code itself) Install any AMP dependencies (such as lwjgl) and Import the amp CVS tree into your environment, then launch AMP as an Elipse Application.

The environment is quite complex but covers all of the above Based around an administrative server which doubles as the BIRT server internal SVN and release site. this is coupled to 3 HP workstations used for model development test and demonstration, 5 development environments built as per b, a desktop environment which runs Tasktop controlling and capturing data from running models and hopefully soon BIRT reports. Workstations have been built as per a and run the current milestone release 7 I believe, with the 3D graphic extension

I'm about to de the blessed 0.8.0 release and I'll delay that until I'm sure that noone is having any issues with the current build.

Not sure if worth delaying things this just seems to be a problem with the interface between eclipse and lgwt, may well be system related, I will be completing the system tests today XP linux Vista 7 etc. if and will then go on to debug this particular effect

By the way, I'm also going to be providing a ful IDE build for people who just want to download and run a complete working AMP.

I'm sure that will remove many of the problems that will cure if people are left to their own devices in getting AMP up and running, particularly if examples are included in the startup screen.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543542 is a reply to message #543305] Tue, 29 June 2010 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena Webster wrote on Tue, 29 June 2010 00:26

I'm sure that will remove many of the problems that will cure if people are left to their own devices in getting AMP up and running, particularly if examples are included in the startup screen.

They are -- there is a full welcome support in the product build. But I wasn't clear -- you were able to get the other models running?

I'm actually at all sure that this has anything to do with install issues. I haven't tested under XP.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543590 is a reply to message #543305] Tue, 29 June 2010 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena Webster wrote on Tue, 29 June 2010 00:26

The environment is quite complex but covers all of the above Based around an administrative server which doubles as the BIRT server internal SVN and release site. this is coupled to 3 HP workstations used for model development test and demonstration, 5 development environments built as per b, a desktop environment which runs Tasktop controlling and capturing data from running models and hopefully soon BIRT reports. Workstations have been built as per a and run the current milestone release 7 I believe, with the 3D graphic extension

Oh, I missed this in my earlier response. You're not kidding that's complex! I'd love to see it running.

Quote:
Not sure if worth delaying things this just seems to be a problem with the interface between eclipse and lgwt, may well be system related, I will be completing the system tests today XP linux Vista 7 etc. if and will then go on to debug this particular effect

One thing that is occurring on the Mac is that if you try to launch a model the first time as a 3D (2 1/2 D) model, nothing will appear. If you instead first launch a 2D vis first then exit form that, the 3D works fine. Have no idea what is going on there and would appreciate it if you'd report back on what you find in XP.

I just tried a full install of the N build and everything worked well, so I'm going for the full release build next.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543753 is a reply to message #543590] Wed, 30 June 2010 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cleaned all machines downloaded latest version (Cool, following cheatsheets plus 3D extensions and BIRT, all examples build and run OK on all operating systems under VMWare. I will now distribute to demo modeling machines to develop test harness. System built on development machine from CVS head, built with some errors, fixed; now runs OK against examples.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543909 is a reply to message #543753] Thu, 01 July 2010 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena Webster wrote on Wed, 30 June 2010 09:34
I cleaned all machines downloaded latest version (Cool, following cheatsheets plus 3D extensions and BIRT, all examples build and run OK on all operating systems under VMWare. I will now distribute to demo modeling machines to develop test harness. System built on development machine from CVS head, built with some errors, fixed; now runs OK against examples.

Excellent! There are a few minor changes snuck into the release build just now -- almost all documentation related but a few minor build packaging changes. I'd appreciate hearing any details on errors that you ran into on the amp development build side. The only errors you should be seeing are in the "gen.test" projects and perhaps some of the draw3d dependencies but you may have different warning levels setup than I do.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543913 is a reply to message #543048] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Kennedy is currently offline Tony KennedyFriend
Hi

Can you publish the recommended build settings, it would be nice to have as our environment is rather strict.
Re: Problem with examples [message #543918 is a reply to message #543913] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:16 Go to previous message
Tony Kennedy wrote on Thu, 01 July 2010 02:00
Hi

Can you publish the recommended build settings, it would be nice to have as our environment is rather strict.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm just using the defaults. If you'd like you could just export the errors/warnings out of your error log and email them to me at milesparker at g_m_a_i_l.
Previous Topic:Alternative Reporting Mechanism
Next Topic:Development on AMP sources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:30:37 GMT 2024