Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Project materialization with firing code from other (not Buckminster) plugins
Project materialization with firing code from other (not Buckminster) plugins [message #543008] Mon, 28 June 2010 08:13 Go to next message
devmarc  is currently offline devmarc Friend
Hello,

I am new in Buckminster and I have to materialize project into workspace for example a Java Project and during materialization process I have to fire a code from other plugin (e.g. JDT) to perform some tasks that I could do externally with Buckminster. These tasks are writing some data to plugin .metadata folder. Is it possible with Buckminster to fire other Eclipse plugin code during materialization? I was thinking about implementing new pseudo actor type but I couldn't find it's extension point definition. If there is any. And I doubt I could fire other plugin code from such actor. But maybe there is some trick...

Thanks
Re: Project materialization with firing code from other (not Buckminster) plugins [message #543014 is a reply to message #543008] Mon, 28 June 2010 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(...) to perform some tasks that I could NOT do externally with Buckminster (...)
Re: Project materialization with firing code from other (not Buckminster) plugins [message #543076 is a reply to message #543008] Mon, 28 June 2010 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Demelt is currently offline Achim DemeltFriend
Hi,

I'd say the easiest solution would be to have a launch configuration in one
of the projects you just materialized. You can use the "launch" command to
run that launch config. As long as you have a main() method somewhere, you
should be able to run just about every code that you have in your workspace
or your target platform.

As to your other question about restarting Eclipse: Whenever you invoke
Buckminster, you basically restart Eclipse.

HTH,
Achim

devmarc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new in Buckminster and I have to materialize project into workspace
> for example a Java Project and during materialization process I have to
> fire a code from other plugin (e.g. JDT) to perform some tasks that I
> could do externally with Buckminster. These tasks are writing some data to
> plugin .metadata folder. Is it possible with Buckminster to fire other
> Eclipse plugin code during materialization? I was thinking about
> implementing new pseudo actor type but I couldn't find it's extension
> point definition. If there is any. And I doubt I could fire other plugin
> code from such actor. But maybe there is some trick...
>
> Thanks
Re: Project materialization with firing code from other (not Buckminster) plugins [message #543112 is a reply to message #543076] Mon, 28 June 2010 12:38 Go to previous message
Hi,

Thank you for response but ... project that I want to materialize is not in fact a Java Project (it was only an example). Sorry for a little commotion and my english Wink After materialization I have to fire a code of >started plugin< of runnig Eclipse to finish project configuration.

Achim Demelt wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 06:33
Hi,
As to your other question about restarting Eclipse: Whenever you invoke Buckminster, you basically restart Eclipse.

I asked my second question about restarting Eclipse because if I couldn't fire a code of started plugin of running Eclipse during/after project materialization (I hardly believe it's possibly) maybe I could modify some files directly in plugin .metada folder and then restart Eclipse to take effect.

Previous Topic:P2 site without macosx support with filters
Next Topic:Groovy support, Eclipse 3.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:34:45 GMT 2024