Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio
Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #542963] Mon, 28 June 2010 02:31 Go to next message
suchai  is currently offline suchai Friend
I'm a newbie for using eclipse Helio.I created new dynamic web project and add Maven Dependency(m2eclipse).After run project.i found big problem from it.i cannot used maven library on my project.when i used eclipse galileo .i can used JAVA EE Devpendencies for solve this problem but Helio, I cannot solve this problem.pls Help me

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2010 02:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #542978 is a reply to message #542963] Mon, 28 June 2010 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Hi,
Please try configuring through "Deployment Assembly"

In Helios, this provides a new way to provide dependency details .

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #543004 is a reply to message #542963] Mon, 28 June 2010 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suchai  is currently offline suchai Friend
thank you for your answer Laughing when i configuring Maven Dependency and deploy. I cannot found lib from Maven on web libraries path(WEB-INF/lib).how to solve this problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2010 08:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #544809 is a reply to message #543004] Mon, 05 July 2010 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markos Charatzas is currently offline Markos CharatzasFriend

Hey suchai,

It seems like at the moment you have to manually create a user library and add each jar to it.

Then under the "Properties" of the project through the "Deployment Assembly" add as a "Classpath Container" the "User Library" that you made.

I have tried adding maven either as a "Classpath Container" or as "Referenced Projects Classpath Entries" but neither of them seem to work.

Then first option just comes up with a message that points you to the Maven properties to setup the dependencies while the second one although added (even with the correct "Deploy Path" set to "/WEB-INF/lib") doesn't seem to copy the required libs.
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #546126 is a reply to message #542963] Sun, 11 July 2010 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chromy Gábor is currently offline Chromy GáborFriend
Hello!

I have a workaround:

Add these lines to ${PROJECT_HOME}/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component:

<dependent-module deploy-path="/WEB-INF/lib" handle="module:/classpath/con/org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
            <dependency-type>consumes</dependency-type>
</dependent-module>

It is working for me and maven dependencies are in DEPLOY_DIR/WEB-INF/lib

Good luck
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #546318 is a reply to message #546126] Mon, 12 July 2010 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark .Friend
I also have this problem.

The Deployment assembly did not work as expected.

Chromy Gábor's workaround also gave me a null pointer error Sad
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #546342 is a reply to message #546318] Mon, 12 July 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark .Friend
Nevermind, I hadn't installed the m2eclipse extras that deal with WTP integration on my new Helios setup!

Doh! Confused
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #548903 is a reply to message #546126] Fri, 23 July 2010 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Paul is currently offline Sebastian PaulFriend
Chromy Gábor wrote on Sun, 11 July 2010 08:53

Add these lines to ${PROJECT_HOME}/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component:

<dependent-module deploy-path="/WEB-INF/lib" handle="module:/classpath/con/org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
</dependent-module>

Thank you Chromy, that helped. I had already installed the extra WTP integration, but without these manually added lines, WTP did not deploy the Maven dependencies correctly.

Is there already a bug report at https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE ?

I searched a bit, but did not find anything yet....
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #550724 is a reply to message #548903] Wed, 04 August 2010 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reda abdi is currently offline reda abdiFriend
Hi ,

the xml posted by Chromy didn't help me
</dependent-module>

I'm using Eclipse Helios release, with m2eclipse 0.10.0

This is a BUG of m2eclipse, there is also a bug report if you search on google, but the guys said that it was fixed in version 0.10.2 of m2eclipse, I've installed this version (among others) on my eclipse but got the same version.

I'm really stuck with this UGLY BUG

NEED help please
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #550728 is a reply to message #550724] Wed, 04 August 2010 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was recently surprised when I newly checked out a project and everything worked from the beginning. Maybe this only happens with projects which have already been present in the workspace before updating Eclipse? Just a guess...

Regards, Sebastian
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #550796 is a reply to message #550728] Wed, 04 August 2010 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sebastian Paul,

I've already done the same test from scratch but without success.

Basically, I've created a new wtp project, enable dependency managment, added sources from my old wtp project then I added the project to my tomcat server, but no libraries were deployed.

Can you explain what did you do exactly to get it working ?

Thanks
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #550799 is a reply to message #550796] Wed, 04 August 2010 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be sure to have the m2eclipse extra WTP integration installed.

I had a project were Maven dependencies were not deployed at all. In that case, I followed Chromys instructions to get it work.

In another case, I imported as new Maven project, and it worked from the beginning. More I cannot tell.

Regards, Sebastian
Re: Help me for add Maven Dependency on Eclipse Helio [message #551635 is a reply to message #550799] Sun, 08 August 2010 15:12 Go to previous message
Hi,

Finally, I got it working.

Basically, I've installed the Maven Integration for WTP from the m2eclipse Extras update site: http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e-extras

I've also deleted manually old lib that I've copied from my old WEB-INF/lib

I went to project -> clean and "clean all project"

The only problem now is that Eclipse Helios slows down my computer and it is really not productive.

Any one have this problem on a Debian 32bits box?
Previous Topic:WTP SDK 3.2.x update site availability?
Next Topic:How to edit HTML templates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:59:36 GMT 2024