Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Client Server Architecture?
Client Server Architecture? [message #542819] Sat, 26 June 2010 12:12 Go to next message
Christian humer is currently offline Christian humerFriend
Hi,
this seems to be a really great framework. I always tried to do something similar, but it was quite difficult to get resources for it.

The framework seems to be easily separateable into a client/server architecture. Are there any plans to support running the UI as a generic client?

I would love to see some more information and even more if I would be able to try out the initial contribution Wink

Keep up the great work!
Thanks a lot,
Christian

[Updated on: Sat, 26 June 2010 12:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Client Server Architecture? [message #542863 is a reply to message #542819] Sat, 26 June 2010 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
> The framework seems to be easily separateable into a
> client/server architecture. Are there any plans to support running
> the UI as a generic client?

Client/server can take a variety of forms...

One could write an HTML/JavaScript or Flash renderer.

Or one could write an SWT/RCP client. Just use Sapphire XML binding to serialize your model and then toss it to a web service. Use the same Sapphire model on the server side to load the incoming XML payload and process it further.

Or if there is sufficient bandwidth one could set it up such that every property read/write request goes to the server. Might be a good architecture if you want to give ability to suspend and resume a session across different devices, but don't want to have a browser-based client.

> I would love to see some more information and even more if I
> would be able to try out the initial contribution

Code access will come soon after the Sapphire project is fully created. I will also be blogging further about different aspects of Sapphire in the next few weeks.

Stay tuned,

- Konstantin
Re: Client Server Architecture? [message #560986 is a reply to message #542819] Sat, 26 June 2010 21:06 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
> The framework seems to be easily separateable into a
> client/server architecture. Are there any plans to support running
> the UI as a generic client?

Client/server can take a variety of forms...

One could write an HTML/JavaScript or Flash renderer.

Or one could write an SWT/RCP client. Just use Sapphire XML binding to serialize your model and then toss it to a web service. Use the same Sapphire model on the server side to load the incoming XML payload and process it further.

Or if there is sufficient bandwidth one could set it up such that every property read/write request goes to the server. Might be a good architecture if you want to give ability to suspend and resume a session across different devices, but don't want to have a browser-based client.

> I would love to see some more information and even more if I
> would be able to try out the initial contribution

Code access will come soon after the Sapphire project is fully created. I will also be blogging further about different aspects of Sapphire in the next few weeks.

Stay tuned,

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:questions
Next Topic:Intro blog comment from André
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:16:00 GMT 2024