Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand(Problems generating large strings with xPand)
[xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand [message #542598] Fri, 25 June 2010 12:01 Go to next message
Ambros Morscher is currently offline Ambros MorscherFriend
Hi together,

i'm exectuing xPand templates from java code. I get into problems when i try to output large java.lang.Strings(39757953 characters) in the templates. Processor usage climbs up to 100% and generation does not make any progress although enough heap space is available . Is there any option i could set on the XPandExecutionContext to handle this? Or are thre any limitations according to number of characters in a string?
Has anyone an idea where i can put my hands on to solve the problem ?

Thank you for your answers.
Regards Ambros
Re: [xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand [message #542656 is a reply to message #542598] Fri, 25 June 2010 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darius Jockel is currently offline Darius JockelFriend
Hello,

it is an option to partionate the file into parts,
and then use the append option of an outlet?

See Xpand documentation:
6.5.4. Output configuration

Regards
Darius
Re: [xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand [message #543385 is a reply to message #542656] Tue, 29 June 2010 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Darius,

thank you for your answer. Generation know works fine but my JavaFormatter cannot be applied because i splitted the file into two xPand file statements. The formatter is called for any ENDFILE tag. As a result the formatter cannot be applied because templates do not produce legal java code.

Any ideas to fix this?

Regards Ambros
Re: [xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand [message #543387 is a reply to message #543385] Tue, 29 June 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darius Jockel is currently offline Darius JockelFriend
Hello,

if you use more than one generator component you could apply the JavaFormatter only to the last generator component.

Regards
Darius
Re: [xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand [message #543407 is a reply to message #543387] Tue, 29 June 2010 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A formatter is applied to one outlet. It is only formatting the code which is produced by the file statement so a general formatting is not possible.
Re: [xPand]Problems generating large strings with xPand [message #543432 is a reply to message #542598] Tue, 29 June 2010 12:37 Go to previous message
Hi again,
i investigated some more time in the problem and it seems that the xPand JavaBeautifier is taking so much time to format the code (39776970 characters) . Has anyone an idea how to fix performance of the JavaBeautifier.

Regards Ambros
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Using a multiple package source model
Next Topic:xtend code optimization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:09:57 GMT 2024