Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Translations work well in IDE but are missing after export
Translations work well in IDE but are missing after export [message #540948] Thu, 17 June 2010 17:46 Go to next message
Ricardo  is currently offline Ricardo Friend
Hello,

I've created a plug-in using Eclipse RCP 3.5 but needed to translate those English labels like Yes/No/Cancel/etc to my own language. In order to do that, I've downloaded the appropriate Babel language pack in

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/babel/babel_language_ packs/galileo.php

namely BabelLanguagePack-eclipse-....zip and unzipped the content to my eclipse/dropins folder. I launched the application again in Eclipse IDE and it worked, pratically all labels were translated to my language. However, when I exported my application using the export wizard and then launched it, the labels were in English again. I've tried copy/paste the content of the zip file into the directory where the application had been exported (although I wasn't sure if I was inserting exactly in the correct place) and I've tried adding the .jars as dependencies of my project but it didn't work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ricardo Almeida

Re: Translations work well in IDE but are missing after export [message #541483 is a reply to message #540948] Mon, 21 June 2010 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo  is currently offline Ricardo Friend
I'm just posting to inform that I just fixed this. The solution was to add "lib/eclipse/plugins" (the folder where the babel plugins are) to the classpath, in the Runtime tab.

Ricardo
Re: Translations work well in IDE but are missing after export [message #674892 is a reply to message #541483] Sun, 29 May 2011 09:25 Go to previous message
Shakti Bhardwaj is currently offline Shakti BhardwajFriend
Smile Smile thnx
Previous Topic:Eclipse Platform English .properties files for 3.6/3.7?
Next Topic:Fw: uomo in structural engineering project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:37:00 GMT 2024