Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Change the order of plug-ins in table of content
Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #540709] Thu, 17 June 2010 06:59 Go to next message
Neda  is currently offline Neda Friend
Hi,
I create a standalone help system and and use my plug-ins in it.my help system work good,but I have some questions :
1- how can I change the order of showing plug-ins in table of content?

2- how can I change the language of search Header ?

Thanks in advance
Neda
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #540912 is a reply to message #540709] Thu, 17 June 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jennifer Skiendzielewski is currently offline Jennifer SkiendzielewskiFriend
Here are some answers:

To change the order that the plugins appear in the table of contents, you can use the helpdata.xml file.

First, change your plugin_customization.ini file to include a line like this:

org.eclipse.help/HELP_DATA=helpdata.xml

Then, in the same directory as the plugin_customization.ini file,
create a file called helpdata.xml. You can find an example of the syntax of that file here: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse .platform.doc.isv/guide/ua_help_setup_help_data.htm

I had to try this several times to get it to work, but eventually it did. One important thing that I discovered was that I needed to save helpdata.xml as UTF8, not as ANSI. I've fought through this recently with a standalone help system and finally have it working (on four operating systems and for 5 or 6 different products), so if you get stuck, I'm happy to provide more information.

To change the language of the search header.. Have you downloaded the Eclipse Babel language packs? You'll need those. If you don't have them, please write back and I can give you those instructions too.
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #541260 is a reply to message #540912] Sat, 19 June 2010 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
thank you for your reply...
I don't have any language pack and I don't know where can I find them...can you help?
I need a language pack in "ARABIC"
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #541264 is a reply to message #540912] Sat, 19 June 2010 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I create plugin_customization.ini in my plugin folder,and then create a helpData.xml file ,but nothing change! How can I find more about ordering the books? I don't know where can I place these files.
can you help?!
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #542071 is a reply to message #541264] Wed, 23 June 2010 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Neda wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 02:13
Hi,
I create plugin_customization.ini in my plugin folder,and then create a helpData.xml file ,but nothing change! How can I find more about ordering the books? I don't know where can I place these files.
can you help?!

Most likely the plugin_customization.ini file is not getting read.

If you place plugin_customization.ini in the same folder as Eclipse and start Eclipse adding the parameter to set the customization preference like this

eclipse -pluginCustomization plugin_customization.ini

you customizations will get read.

You can add a line like this to plugin_customization.ini

org.eclipse.help.base/advanced.viewBackground=yellow

which sets the background of the table of contents to yellow as a way to verify that the customization file is being read.
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #542650 is a reply to message #541260] Fri, 25 June 2010 14:27 Go to previous message
You can download the language packs from here:
http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php

Each pack contains far more than you need for the help system, so I only copied these jar files for each language into my plugins folder:

org.eclipse.help.appserver.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.base.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.ui.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.webapp.nl_xx

The rest were not needed.

Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #624180 is a reply to message #540709] Thu, 17 June 2010 15:34 Go to previous message
Here are some answers:

To change the order that the plugins appear in the table of contents, you can use the helpdata.xml file.

First, change your plugin_customization.ini file to include a line like this:

org.eclipse.help/HELP_DATA=helpdata.xml

Then, in the same directory as the plugin_customization.ini file,
create a file called helpdata.xml. You can find an example of the syntax of that file here: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse .platform.doc.isv/guide/ua_help_setup_help_data.htm

I had to try this several times to get it to work, but eventually it did. One important thing that I discovered was that I needed to save helpdata.xml as UTF8, not as ANSI. I've fought through this recently with a standalone help system and finally have it working (on four operating systems and for 5 or 6 different products), so if you get stuck, I'm happy to provide more information.

To change the language of the search header.. Have you downloaded the Eclipse Babel language packs? You'll need those. If you don't have them, please write back and I can give you those instructions too.
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #624188 is a reply to message #624180] Sat, 19 June 2010 04:21 Go to previous message
Hi,
thank you for your reply...
I don't have any language pack and I don't know where can I find them...can you help?
I need a language pack in "ARABIC"
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #624190 is a reply to message #624180] Sat, 19 June 2010 06:13 Go to previous message
Hi,
can you help?!
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #624194 is a reply to message #541264] Wed, 23 June 2010 17:39 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Neda wrote on Sat, 19 June 2010 02:13
> Hi,
> I create plugin_customization.ini in my plugin folder,and then create a helpData.xml file ,but nothing change! How can I find more about ordering the books? I don't know where can I place these files.
> can you help?!

Most likely the plugin_customization.ini file is not getting read.

If you place plugin_customization.ini in the same folder as Eclipse and start Eclipse adding the parameter to set the customization preference like this

eclipse -pluginCustomization plugin_customization.ini

you customizations will get read.

You can add a line like this to plugin_customization.ini

org.eclipse.help.base/advanced.viewBackground=yellow

which sets the background of the table of contents to yellow as a way to verify that the customization file is being read.
Re: Change the order of plug-ins in table of content [message #624197 is a reply to message #624188] Fri, 25 June 2010 14:27 Go to previous message
You can download the language packs from here:
http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php

Each pack contains far more than you need for the help system, so I only copied these jar files for each language into my plugins folder:

org.eclipse.help.appserver.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.base.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.ui.nl_xx
org.eclipse.help.webapp.nl_xx

The rest were not needed.
Previous Topic:Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome
Next Topic:Turn OFF DEBUG org.mortbay.log???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:52:39 GMT 2024