Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Link constraints aren't evaluated for non-model figures
Link constraints aren't evaluated for non-model figures [message #540488] Wed, 16 June 2010 11:11 Go to next message
Robert Wloch is currently offline Robert WlochFriend
Hi,

can anyone tell me how I can hook into higher level link ReorientCommand?
The following steps lead to an invalid state on about every diagram:
1) draw two figures of your model and a connection between them
2) from the diagram's context menu choose Add | Note
3) drag your connection's source or target (doesn't matter) to the "Note" figure
4) try to drag it back, it won't work

If you specify link constraints in gmfmap, they are not evaluated when reorienting to "Note" figures. If you set a break point in generated XXXReorientCommand's canReorientSource() or canReorientTarget() you'll find, these are never called when reorienting to "Note" figures.

In fact, this "bug" (is it one?) applies to any figure from the "Add" context menu.

So my question is: How can I prevent connection endpoints from being attached to such ("Note") figures at all?

At least I managed to being able to reattach them to my model elements by changing two methods in XXXReorientCommand(). But that's no good solution as users still can drag connection somewhere they're not supposed to.

Cheers
Rob
Re: Link constraints aren't evaluated for non-model figures [message #1009665 is a reply to message #540488] Fri, 15 February 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel König is currently offline Daniel KönigFriend
Hello!

Are there any updates on this?
I'm currently having the same issue.

Thanks!

Daniel
Re: Link constraints aren't evaluated for non-model figures [message #1009701 is a reply to message #1009665] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

opened bug 400933 at bugzilla.

Ralph
Re: Link constraints aren't evaluated for non-model figures [message #1009709 is a reply to message #1009701] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:03 Go to previous message
Daniel König is currently offline Daniel KönigFriend
Thank you very much!
I wasn't sure if this was still an issue.
Previous Topic:How to customize the appearance of an XML object
Next Topic:impl cannot be resolved or is not a field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:24:53 GMT 2024