Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » How do you get Mylyn to fill out your commit messages for you?
How do you get Mylyn to fill out your commit messages for you? [message #540487] Wed, 16 June 2010 11:09 Go to next message
Sam Hasler is currently offline Sam HaslerFriend
I've setup the following:

• Installed Mylyn in Eclipse
  • Installed the Bugzilla connector
  • Installed Subversive SVN Integration for the Mylyn Project
  • I've gone to Windows -> Preferences -> Tasks -> Team and clicked Change Set Management and left it with the default Commit Comment Template:
    ${task.status} - ${connector.task.prefix} ${task.key}: ${task.description} ${task.url}

However, if I activate a bugzilla bug in the Task List, and then edit a file, when I commit the changes the commit message isn't filled in.

Also, in the Synchronisation perspective there isn't a change set for the task I'm working on.

I've tried following the instructions on the Eclipse wiki's Mylyn FAQ for Why does task change set not appear when I modify files? but the bullet point:

• Verify that the configured Synchronize View is configured for change sets. points to a section that is no longer in the document.

I have a Show Change Sets button, but clicking it only shows me incoming change sets, there aren't any outgoing change sets.

What am I missing?

I've also posted this to stackoverflow if anyone wants to get some rep there: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2905371/how-do-you-get-ec lipse-mylyn-to-fill-out-your-commit-messages-for-you
Re: How do you get Mylyn to fill out your commit messages for you? [message #540565 is a reply to message #540487] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:23 Go to previous message
Sam Hasler is currently offline Sam HaslerFriend
Turns out I was missing the Subversive Team Provider.
Re: How do you get Mylyn to fill out your commit messages for you? [message #540566 is a reply to message #540487] Wed, 16 June 2010 14:16 Go to previous message
dominik is currently offline dominikFriend
On 2010-06-16 13:09, Sam Hasler wrote:
> I've setup the following:
> Installed Mylyn in Eclipse
> Installed the Bugzilla connector
> Installed Subversive SVN Integration for the Mylyn Project

I had the same issue and there were missing some additional packages, maybe it's:

Mylyn Bridge: Team Support 3.4.0.v20100608-0100-e3x
org.eclipse.mylyn.team_feature.feature.group

Description: Mylyn Task-Focused UI extensions for Team version control.

Also look for mylyn/svn team integration plugins. One of them was needed.

dmc
Previous Topic:Cannot resolve as custom ticket state Bugzilla Editor (Actions)
Next Topic:Wikitext with Tex/Latex
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:20:12 GMT 2024