Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Need help using TPTP to profile a RCP (Profiling a custom RCP target platform...)
icon9.gif  Need help using TPTP to profile a RCP [message #539898] Mon, 14 June 2010 09:03 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hey,

I'm trying to user TPTP to profile a custom RCP. MY eclipse is the all-in-one TPTP download without any modification. The only configuration is to change the default target platform to my custom RCP. If I launch it in run/debug mode, the RCP opens without error and everything works fine.

If I launch it with a profile configuration (the settinsg are all the same as the debug configuration expect for the profiling tab of course), an error message pops up saying my main .dll couldn't be loaded because some dependencies are missing.

I don't understand why launching it in debug mode works fine, all the dependencies are respected, while the profile mode fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2010 09:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help using TPTP to profile a RCP [message #540081 is a reply to message #539898] Mon, 14 June 2010 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
Hi NRN, could you provide additional details on which launch configuration you are using, what the error message you are receiving are, and whether there are any errors in the error log?
Re: Need help using TPTP to profile a RCP [message #540184 is a reply to message #540081] Tue, 15 June 2010 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi Jonathan, thank you for your interest. Here are the screenshots of the profile configuration steps:
http://img24.imageshack.us/g/config1n.jpg/

I repeat, if I launch this configuration in debug mode, all works fine, only the profile mode doesn't like it. The error message is included as a screenshot also. And finally here is the error log from my RCP:

Starting Modelio core...
Starting Modelio jni...
  - loading 'modelio' failed, reason is H:\freynaud\TPTP\eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\Modelio\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\39\1\.cp\lib\modelio.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
java.io.IOException: Unable to load modelio.dll library:

H:\freynaud\TPTP\eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\Modelio\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\39\1\.cp\lib\modelio.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.core.internal.core.Activator.loadLibraries(Activator.java:110)
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.core.internal.core.Activator.start(Activator.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:427)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:368)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:441)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.core.plugin.Activator.start(Activator.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:427)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:368)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:441)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:397)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:385)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:87)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.app.enterprise.intro.Application.start(Application.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:30)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: H:\freynaud\TPTP\eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\Modelio\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\39\1\.cp\lib\modelio.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
	at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1660)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.core.internal.core.Activator.loadLibraries(Activator.java:106)
	... 54 more

Hope that helps.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2010 10:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help using TPTP to profile a RCP [message #541563 is a reply to message #539898] Mon, 21 June 2010 14:47 Go to previous message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
From the profile configuration dialog, I can see that you are using a different JVM (Modelio) than one of our standard JVMs we test with, and it looks like it is looking for a DLL that should be on your path when the application runs. I am not familliar with the specific requirements of this JVM, my suggestion would be that you may need to the add the binary and lib dirs of the JVM to the Windows PATH environment variable in the 'Environment' tab, as well as any dependencies of these libs.

Previous Topic:J9 eSWT application profiling on device (WinMo PDA)
Next Topic:ERROR: JVMPI error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:44:32 GMT 2024