Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Remus Information Management » WebDAV synchronization
WebDAV synchronization [message #539076] Wed, 09 June 2010 14:56 Go to next message
Konstantin Krivopustov is currently offline Konstantin KrivopustovFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to synchronize Remus folder with WebDav server (mydrive.ch), but getting the following error:
Error while synchronizing
  Element "test1" was not added, the repository connector skipped this item.

However the remote folder now contains subfolder INFO_50c9b69cd473001f1b70ff715cf77729 and file 50c9b69cd473001f1b70ff715cf77729.info inside.

Also could you provide me with some instructions on how to build the system from sources locally. I've checked out sources from trunk, but didn't manage to build yet.

Regards,
Konstantin
Re: WebDAV synchronization [message #539081 is a reply to message #539076] Wed, 09 June 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Konstantin,

This message comes up if the underlying connector reported an error while performing the requested operation.

Seems to me that the add operation was successfully executed, since the remote data was created.

Can you please check if you can checkout the added data (goto Remote-Repositories-->DoubleClick on the Webdav repository --> A dialog appears where you should see the remote content as preview)

Which Webdav System are you using and which OS? - Can you please also provide an error log (see [workspace]/.metadata/.log)

Regarding building the source: You need several additional packages, see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Remus/Getting_the_sources

If you need further advices how to get Remus running from source, please let us know Smile

Cheerz
Tom

:: EDIT:: Fortunately I could quickly test with myspace.ch the synchronization and can reproduce the error. In the past we already had problems with several free Webdav Providers, the biggest problem is that they don't satisfy completely the WebDav Specification and Remus is not so tolerant (yet) like "real" WebDav Clients (like Windows-Explorer). I'll investigate into this issue.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2010 15:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WebDAV synchronization [message #539169 is a reply to message #539081] Wed, 09 June 2010 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tom,
thanks for your attention.

Regarding WebDav, when I checkout nothing is displayed in preview. When I create a file locally, and then synchronize, I get the error and the following record in the log:
!ENTRY org.remus.infomngmnt.core 4 500 2010-06-09 23:54:37.186
!MESSAGE Error while synchronizing
!SUBENTRY 1 org.remus.infomngmnt.core 4 300 2010-06-09 23:54:37.186
!MESSAGE Element "test11" was not added, the repository connector skipped this item.

And I'm using mydrive.ch free webdav provider and Windows 7 and Vista OS.

As for building from sources I am still not very successful. After installing plugins which you suggested I have about 200 problems now, mostly with Facebook and Twitter connectors.
Besides I had to add org.eclipse.nebula.cwt.base to import packages list of org.remus.infomngmnt.ui.widgets and org.remus.infomngmnt.ui.desktop.clock projects.
Now I stuck in the following:
No available bundle exports package 'org.remus.infomngmnt.ui.desktop'	MANIFEST.MF	/org.remus.infomngmnt.ide.integration/META-INF	line 19	Plug-in Problem

What could you suggest?

Regards,
Konstantin
Re: WebDAV synchronization [message #539180 is a reply to message #539169] Wed, 09 June 2010 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This bundle can be closed. It is not part of the application.

Tom
Re: WebDAV synchronization [message #539383 is a reply to message #539076] Thu, 10 June 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin,

I've investigated into that issue and my assumptation was confirmed. This provider doesn't handle requests regarding webdav collections properly. Fortunately the developer of the underlying webdav API committed some bugfixing, so that this issue could be resolved by updating a jar file.

I've released this fix, please use "Help->Check for updates" to update to the latest build.

Cheerz
Tom
Re: WebDAV synchronization [message #539456 is a reply to message #539383] Thu, 10 June 2010 18:53 Go to previous message
Tom,
thanks for the fix, it works now.

Konstantin
Previous Topic:can't run remus in my macbook
Next Topic:File attachments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:32:58 GMT 2024