Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path.
icon5.gif  [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path. [message #538116] Sat, 05 June 2010 07:41 Go to next message
John Steele is currently offline John SteeleFriend
Hi,

I'm getting an error when I right click on my binaries, select profile as, profile configuration:

[Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path.

I have valgrind on my system and it works from the command line, so I'm confused. I went to preferences, selected valgrind, and pointed it to the vg-in-place, and still no luck.

I tried making little variables and such, but nothing.

I'm running on a Mac OS X 10.6. I have Eclipse 3.5 and have the Linux Tools installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

[Updated on: Sat, 05 June 2010 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path. [message #538161 is a reply to message #538116] Sat, 05 June 2010 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elliott Baron is currently offline Elliott BaronFriend
This is a bug in the way the preference page overrides the default binary location. If there is no Valgrind binary returned from the which command, the preference is never consulted. I have opened a bug, feel free to CC yourself: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=315890.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 June 2010 20:58]

Re: [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path. [message #538173 is a reply to message #538161] Sun, 06 June 2010 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a work around for the time being? I'm super excited to use the tools!

Thanks.
Re: [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path. [message #538555 is a reply to message #538173] Mon, 07 June 2010 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fix should be in the current nightly build, which you can obtain from the update site: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-ni ghtly

Or with the current release, you could add the location of your Valgrind binary to your PATH environment variable.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2010 00:20]

Re: [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path. [message #569108 is a reply to message #538161] Sun, 06 June 2010 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a work around for the time being? I'm super excited to use the tools!

Thanks.
Re: [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is installed and in your path. [message #569134 is a reply to message #569108] Mon, 07 June 2010 23:49 Go to previous message
The fix should be in the current nightly build, which you can obtain from the update site: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-ni ghtly

Or with the current release, you could add the location of your Valgrind binary to your PATH environment variable.
Previous Topic:When I: profile as -> profile configuration: [Valgrind Options]: Please ensure Valgrind is inst
Next Topic:oprofile problem: "No profiling data is on the system"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:01:11 GMT 2024