Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files(JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files)
JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files [message #537747] Thu, 03 June 2010 14:26 Go to next message
Mike Pelley is currently offline Mike PelleyFriend
I have created a project using Eclipse Galileo with PHP, HTML and JavaScript. In my js directory, I have multiple files that reference classes in each other. In Eclipse, my calls to "new MyClass" result in "MyClass cannot be resolved to a type".

After creating the PHP project, I right clicked on the project and selected "Configure -> Add JavaScript Support". I also added my js directory to the "Source" tab in "Project Properties -> JavaScript -> Libraries".

I've search for a while now and tried a few other things, but I cannot eliminate this error. Is it possible to get Eclipse to recognize my own classes?

Thanks,
Mike.
Re: JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files [message #539218 is a reply to message #537747] Thu, 10 June 2010 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are they recognized properly when they're in the same file?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files [message #539448 is a reply to message #539218] Thu, 10 June 2010 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Pelley is currently offline Mike PelleyFriend
Yes, the classes are found when I copy them into the same file.
Re: JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files [message #548528 is a reply to message #537747] Thu, 22 July 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan  is currently offline Johan Friend
I'm having the exact same problem, and I'm actually considering moving away from Eclipse for this. I'd really rather stay with Eclipse if possible though, so any ideas would be much appreciated.
Re: JavaScript Class not found when using multiple files [message #548711 is a reply to message #539448] Thu, 22 July 2010 17:02 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

On 6/10/2010 2:15 PM, Mike Pelley wrote:
> Yes, the classes are found when I copy them into the same file.

I think we're going to have to see the project attached to a bug report
to really understand what's going on.

--
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse - setup steps for Web service application
Next Topic:JavaScript tools -> Open Declaration for object literals
Goto Forum: