Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Where is the source code?
Where is the source code? [message #535969] Wed, 26 May 2010 14:17 Go to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Congratulations for the successful creation of the Graphiti project and the restructuring of the Graphical Modeling project in Eclipse!

I am pleased to see the new web site of the project. As pointed there I connect to CVS and tried to find the source code /org.eclipse.gmp/org.eclipse.gmp.graphiti, but the folder looks empty.

Is the source code already contributed? If not, what is the timeline to do it?

We are waiting for the source code contribution, so we can make the initial contribution of the JPA Diagram Editor that is based on Graphiti: http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP/JPA_Diagram_Editor/Proposal
Re: Where is the source code? [message #536918 is a reply to message #535969] Mon, 31 May 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Hi Koloyan,

thanks for the flowers!

We have started the initial coding contribution for Graphiti and are currently having the IP review. I'll get back to you as soon as there is news on this.

-Michael
Re: Where is the source code? [message #536921 is a reply to message #536918] Mon, 31 May 2010 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice to hear this, Michael.

I see this is tracked in CQ 4133: http://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4133
So, I will watch the CQ, too.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
Re: Where is the source code? [message #543742 is a reply to message #536921] Wed, 30 June 2010 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see the CQ has been approved and the initial code contribution was done on June 16th.

Well done!
Re: Where is the source code? [message #549318 is a reply to message #543742] Mon, 26 July 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jos Warmer is currently offline Jos WarmerFriend
I am looking at the GMP git repository at http://dev.eclipse.org/git/org.eclipse.gmp/org.eclipse.gmp.g it.

There are a number of branches, but only the "origin" branch contains Graphiti code. I expected this at the "master" branch. Is the source code in the "origin" branch the latest Graphiti code I should use ?

Jos
Re: Where is the source code? [message #549362 is a reply to message #549318] Mon, 26 July 2010 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The access to the Graphiti sources via Git seems not to be enabled by default, seems this needs to be requested...

At least I was not able to access them via the http address below or via the EGit tools. But our sources are available in the Eclipse CVS at dev.eclipse.org under //cvsroot/modeling/org.eclipse.gmp/org.eclipse.gmp/graphiti. You can acces them there.

Simply let me know if you prefer to the access via Git and I'll see what I can do.

-Michael
Re: Where is the source code? [message #549444 is a reply to message #549362] Mon, 26 July 2010 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jos Warmer is currently offline Jos WarmerFriend
Michael, I have the sources now through CVS. I prefer git, but don't take all the trouble just for me.

When compiling the sources I get one error:
The constructor SWTBotGefFigureCanvas(GFFigureCanvas, LightweightSystem) is undefined GFSWTBotGefEditor.java /org.eclipse.graphiti.bot.tests/src/org/eclipse/graphiti/bot /tests/swtbot line 52 Java Problem

IS there a specific version of SWTbot you are using ?

Jos
Re: Where is the source code? [message #549529 is a reply to message #549444] Tue, 27 July 2010 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jos, I want to have the Git access anyway, so let's see what needs to be done.

Yes, indeed we need a specific version of SWTBot, actually the head revision from CVS. They promised to provide a build containing the fix we requested and already is in their SVN. I have to get back to them about the build. Until then you might sync the sources from their SVN at http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.swtbot /trunk.

-Michael
Re: Where is the source code? [message #549546 is a reply to message #549318] Tue, 27 July 2010 07:29 Go to previous message
Jos, I was finally able to connect to the Eclipse Git hup for the CVS. Indeed the origin branch is the default remote one, you can use that it contains the current sources (today I found changes I did yesterday).

-Michael
Previous Topic:Passed Eclipse IP Review
Next Topic:Welcome to eclipse.graphiti
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:21:14 GMT 2024