Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP application configuration files
RCP application configuration files [message #535542] Mon, 24 May 2010 11:23 Go to next message
Jorge Fernández is currently offline Jorge FernándezFriend
Hi,

I'm currently developing an application with RCP and I have some configuration files that I would like to include in the application classpath for the distribution but outside of the jar file. I would like to know if this is possible.

I tried to include them in the root directory and this worked in some cases (when I use them directly) but I'm still having the problem because I use some libraries that use that files in another way and I can't change them.

Any lead on this would be very appreciated

Thanks and regards,

Jorge
Re: RCP application configuration files [message #536236 is a reply to message #535542] Thu, 27 May 2010 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marton Sigmond is currently offline Marton SigmondFriend
Hi,

we put our config files into the RCP workspace directory, and reach them like this:
final IWorkspaceRoot wsRoot = ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot();
final String configFilePath = wsRoot.getLocation() + File.separator + "config.file";

The RCP workspace dir location can be configured.

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,
Marton

Best Regards,
Marton Sigmond
Senior Software Engineer
Re: RCP application configuration files [message #536798 is a reply to message #536236] Mon, 31 May 2010 06:13 Go to previous message
Jorge Fernández is currently offline Jorge FernándezFriend
Thanks,

I can't use that because I can't change the way the libraries access config files.

But I've just found another way to it, using a feature with the configuration and changing the behaviour of my plugin to based on features. It seems that the root directory is a part of the classpath.

Jorge
Previous Topic:Specify multiple paths for JVM in ini file?
Next Topic:How to log Platform/JFace/SWT - errormessages into my own logs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:53:27 GMT 2024