Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » create PHP project(button finish and next disabled)
icon5.gif  create PHP project [message #535356] Sat, 22 May 2010 17:46 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hi,

i would like to understand why i can't create a new PHP project except that in the workspace ?

for example, if i set project name to "mod_login", select "create project from existing source" and click on Browse button i can select a folder.
however when i select the folder, buttons next and finish are disabled.
it doesn't matter if folder contains files or if it's empty...the result is still the same.

why ?

how can i create a blank PHP project (from scratch) somewhere else that in workspace ?

thanks a lot.

A.
Re: create PHP project [message #535559 is a reply to message #535356] Mon, 24 May 2010 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vinicius Isola is currently offline Vinicius IsolaFriend
Have you tried to create the folder for the project from within eclipse? From inside the wizard?

Try this:
1 - go to the folder that will be the parent of the folder for the project you want.
2 - make sure the folder you want doesn't exist.
3 - create a new project inside the parent folder and name it with the name of the folder you want to create.

When you do that, Eclipse will create the folder you want.

Normally, when the folder exist, Eclipse thinks that a project exists with the same name and disable the buttons as you said. An empty folder seems to have the same effect.
Re: create PHP project [message #535792 is a reply to message #535559] Tue, 25 May 2010 16:46 Go to previous message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
it works as you say but only and only if the folder you want to create is not contained into your workspace Smile
this was my problem..
Previous Topic:How to set up Zend Debugger to run with URI imbedded parameter
Next Topic:group projects in the php explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:28:14 GMT 2024