Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » hilighting line in debugger built using dltk
hilighting line in debugger built using dltk [message #534681] Wed, 19 May 2010 20:53 Go to next message
kini  is currently offline kini Friend
Hi,

I have a built dltk based plugin for a DSL and have implemented DBGp on the DSL interpreter for debugging and all is working well .. almost...

In the debug-perspective while communicating using my DBGp implementation, I'm not able to get the editor to show the current line that was executed in the debugger. So for example when a breakpoint is hit, control is returned to the IDE and its possible to see the stack etc and press continue/step into etc. However I want the editor to show what is the current line with an arrow like in Eclipse/Java and hilight the current line.

Can someone give me few pointers or suggest where to look at in order to hilight the current line?

Thanks
Kini
Re: hilighting line in debugger built using dltk [message #539810 is a reply to message #534681] Sun, 13 June 2010 14:29 Go to previous message
Alex Panchenko is currently offline Alex PanchenkoFriend
Hi Kini,

Probably you should extend org.eclipse.dltk.debug.ui.ScriptDebugModelPresentation and contribute you implementation to the extension point:

<extension point="org.eclipse.debug.ui.debugModelPresentations">
  <debugModelPresentation
     class="MyDebugModelPresentation"
     id="my-debug-model-id">
   </debugModelPresentation>
</extension>

Besides that, your DBGP implementation should have correct line numbers/offsets in stack frames.

Regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:jruby, gems and java autocompletes
Next Topic:Kill mailing list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:50:45 GMT 2024