Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » Feature patch installs and is then removed on restart
Feature patch installs and is then removed on restart [message #534080] Mon, 17 May 2010 22:04 Go to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
I'm trying to create a very simple feature patch with PDE for an existing feature that I have referenced with explicit ID and version info.

The behavior I am seeing (using the "Install New Software..." functionality) is that I am able to successfully install the exported feature patch, but after the suggested restart, the feature patch is removed from the installation. I can see in the Installation history where the patch was installed and was available, but in the "Current" install, the patch has been removed. If I do a diff between current the last config, it shows the feature patch as removed.

Has anyone encountered anything like this when installing a new feature or feature patch, where it appears that the feature is removed upon restart after installation? Any ideas on what would be causing this? There is nothing in the workspace log. Any specific logging that I could enable to debug the problem further?

Thanks,

Neil
Re: Feature patch installs and is then removed on restart [message #534594 is a reply to message #534080] Wed, 19 May 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was able to get a little farther by upgrading my dev environment to 3.6RC1. Now the feature patch installs, shows up in the installation history, shows up in the /features directory, and the included plugin shows up in the /plugins directory. The new plugin is referenced by the artifacts.xml file in the root directory. Problem is, the plugin in the feature patch still isn't loaded into my environment. It seems to be completely ignored, and the old (original) plugin is loaded and used.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature patch installs and is then removed on restart [message #534683 is a reply to message #534594] Wed, 19 May 2010 21:05 Go to previous message
One suggestion I got outside of the forum indicated that perhaps my installation target was the problem. It was created by unzipping a number of Eclipse ZIPs into a given location. Since this isn't the standard way of doing things anymore, it may be leading to this problem. Will try to determine if this is the case.
Previous Topic:p2.director installIU
Next Topic:update one feature separately from RCP shell, how?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:06:14 GMT 2024