Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Launch failed. Binary not found."(c++, windows, run error)
"Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #533715] Sun, 16 May 2010 00:09 Go to next message
l3ecl is currently offline l3eclFriend
I keep getting the "Launch failed. Binary not found." error.

I downloaded the recent IDE for c++ in eclipse for Windows XP.

In addition, I downloaded and installed:
1.)MinGW
2.)gdb
3.)make

all from here

and I've set the PATH to "C:\MinGW\bin"
and I've selected the parser as "PE Windows Parser"

but this error still pops up, help please.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 May 2010 00:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #533719 is a reply to message #533715] Sun, 16 May 2010 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone pls help, i have a final project due this coming thursday
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #533731 is a reply to message #533715] Sun, 16 May 2010 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Did you actually build the project? Do you see any executables in the "Binaries" folder?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #533762 is a reply to message #533731] Sun, 16 May 2010 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Built the project but no luck executing it.
I don't see any Binaries folder related to eclipse.

"**** Build of configuration Default for project hi ****

(Cannot run program "make": Launching failed)"
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #533766 is a reply to message #533762] Sun, 16 May 2010 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i tried making a new project with the same source code as hello world and named it 'ak'
i see MinGW in the toolchain, but i still run it properly and get the error below

**** Build of configuration Debug for project ak ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
g++ -oak.exe hi.o
/mingw/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o):main.c:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 1047 ms.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 May 2010 20:59]

Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #533768 is a reply to message #533766] Sun, 16 May 2010 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never mind i got it working. I HAD TO SAVE THE FILE FIRST BEFORE RUNNING IT. what is up with eclipse developers.
at least put: "Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> "Safe automatically before build" as default.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 May 2010 21:05]

Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #545427 is a reply to message #533715] Wed, 07 July 2010 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linziza is currently offline linzizaFriend
Hi
I'm running on Windows XP, downloaded 3 versions of Eclipse Helios: Java, C/C++, & Wascana. I am able to run/use the Java version but neither of the other 2 which I need to use C.

I've tried building & running the Hello World Tutorial (located in Eclipse Help) but I keep getting the same error message: "Launch Failed. Binary not found."

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------
Console: **** Build of configuration Default for project Hello World ****
(Cannot run program "make": Launching failed)
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

Error log:

Error processing help request org.eclipse.help.webapp/advanced/breadcrumbs.css

Error processing help request org.eclipse.help/livehelp.js

Ignored attempt to add saveable that was already registered

Unable to create editor ID com.android.ide.eclipse.editors.manifest.ManifestEditor: No editor descriptor for id com.android.ide.eclipse.editors.manifest.ManifestEditor
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

I'm new to this so I don't understand what this means. I followed Eclipse's Help Tutorial C/C++ Development User Guide recommendation -- downloaded/ installed Wascana (which is supposed to have the GNU toolchain... which is apparently necessary to run programs in eclipse?). So, now do I need to configure something?

Thanks in advance!
Linziza
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #545519 is a reply to message #545427] Thu, 08 July 2010 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Console: **** Build of configuration Default for project Hello World ****
(Cannot run program "make": Launching failed)

That means that either you have no make installed (make is part of MinGW that is installed by Wascana) or your path settings are not correctly.

Wascana is Eclipse CDT + GNU toolchain. If you follow the installation instructions on the Wascana homepage http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/wascana/ it should install and setup everything you need.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #629450 is a reply to message #545519] Tue, 28 September 2010 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Paterson is currently offline David PatersonFriend
I'm just starting with Eclipse on Windows and ran into this same error.

After comparing properties for C and C++ projects, the very simple solution is that the C++ Build Artifact extension isn't set by default. Just put "exe" in there and everything works... Smile
icon1.gif  Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1536104 is a reply to message #533715] Tue, 30 December 2014 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Moody is currently offline Ryan MoodyFriend
Hi, I am having the same problem. I changed the ending of the file to .exe and for some reason it ran one of my other projects that gave me the same error, I did not even have the other project open it is nice to know though that it worked correctly besides the fact that it was the wrong one. I saved and built the project every time. The coding I am doing is a test project right out of a textbook WORD FOR WORD I checked like 3 times and nothing was wrong. If anyone can help me, please do! Razz
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1564026 is a reply to message #533768] Wed, 14 January 2015 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Demola oris is currently offline Demola orisFriend
l3ecl wrote on Sun, 16 May 2010 21:04
never mind i got it working. I HAD TO SAVE THE FILE FIRST BEFORE RUNNING IT. what is up with eclipse developers.
at least put: "Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> "Safe automatically before build" as default.

God bless you real good. Your solution worked. I had been googling for almost an hour without any solution.
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1778821 is a reply to message #1564026] Fri, 22 December 2017 06:34 Go to previous message
Chamudi Withanawasam is currently offline Chamudi WithanawasamFriend
Still it doesn't work for me. :(
Previous Topic:Help me!
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE New class names guessing ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:57:51 GMT 2024