Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problem creating JSF Facelets / Templating(Unable to figure out how to create JSF faceletes and use templating in Eclipse)
Problem creating JSF Facelets / Templating [message #533266] Wed, 12 May 2010 19:27 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I'm using Exlipse version 3.4.2 and am having a very hard time figuring out how to create JSF pages that use any extension other than JSP... this has prevented me from creating even the simplest JSF facelet application by following the many on-line tutorials.

All of the facelets tutorials that I've found describe a step in which an HTML page is added and the user selects "New Facelet Template." There is no such option in my version of Eclipse... I noticed, however, that if I pick JSP there is an option to create a page using a "New JavaServer Faces (JSF) Page (xhtml)... I would have thought that this would create a .xhtml page but it does not - I end up with a .JSP page... so I'm completely confused as to whether or not I can create facelets applications and use templating in Eclipse.

Another, possibly related, question is how to get support for JSF 2.0... in my version of Eclipse I only have the option to select JSF 1.1 or JSF 1.2... I've downloaded and installed the latest WTP so I would have thought I'd get JSF 2.0 support but it does not show up as an option.
Re: Problem creating JSF Facelets / Templating [message #533420 is a reply to message #533266] Thu, 13 May 2010 19:15 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I'm happy to say that I got Facelets working... I ended up comming accross a page ( http://jsflessons.blogspot.com/2009/03/intorduction-to-facel ets.html) which gave me clear instructions on how to obtain and install the plugins to Eclipse... i.e. you need to obtain the JSF Facelets Tools from the "JSF Facelets Tools - WTP Incubator project " at the following URL:

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/incubator/downloads/ and move the four jar files in the zip file to the plugins folder in Eclipse...

For some reason the instructions go to state that you must add the following files to the Exclipse preferences under "Windows->Preferences->Java->Build Path->Use Libraries"

commons-digester.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-beanutils.jar

I have no idea where these jar files come from - they aren't in the package I downloaded and Eclipse seems to work perfectly fine without them... I now can create facelets in xhtml pages and see all of the page setup options relating to Facelets!
Previous Topic:Undescribed error
Next Topic:Re: Problems with JSF Pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:16:53 GMT 2024