Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Unable to export RCP Application(I changed something, and now the export RCP application wizard doesn't work.)
Unable to export RCP Application [message #532962] Tue, 11 May 2010 17:18 Go to next message
Anonymous Coward is currently offline Anonymous CowardFriend
Somehow, I managed to change something that now prevents me from successfully exporting the product that I've been developing. Sadly, I don't know what I changed, and can't seem to undo it.

So, previously (Yesterday), I was able to right click on the .product file, click the 'export' menu item, and select "Eclipse Product" from the dialog. From there, I've just left the default settings, and everything was fine.

Now, I changed something yesterday afternoon, in the course of altering the product configuration to add icons and things, and the above process no longer works. Eclipse thinks it completed successfully, however, in the directory generated by the export, instead of having an executable file, .ini file, and configuration, p2, and plugins folders, I only get the following:

plugins/
p2/
artifacts.xml

I don't seem to get a log file or error message anywhere. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance!
R
Re: Unable to export RCP Application [message #532964 is a reply to message #532962] Tue, 11 May 2010 17:22 Go to previous message
Anonymous Coward is currently offline Anonymous CowardFriend
Apologies for posting and then immediately posting a solution. I've been searching for answers elsewhere, and stumbled across the solution.

The answer was....!
Uncheck "generate metadata repository" in the wizard. After doing that, everything exports correctly.

Is this a bug that needs to be reported?
Previous Topic:Plug-in with OLE-object (View) is not displayed correctly in the RCP
Next Topic:linking problem with extension point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:34:52 GMT 2024