Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes?
icon9.gif  Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #532477] Mon, 10 May 2010 08:18 Go to next message
Wojciech Trocki is currently offline Wojciech TrockiFriend
Hello.
I have a small question.
Is there any posibility to execute code after applying specific stereotype?

I want to change name of Class element when I apply my own stereotype, becouse class with my <<NO NAME>> stereotype must have no name. Very Happy

Is any possibility to do this in Papyrus UML?

I use papyrus UML modeler with custom profile.
I'm looking for posibility to change class name when I apply my stereotype named for ex. no_name.

Anybody has the same problem ?

Please help. Thanks for any information.

Wojtek
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #534891 is a reply to message #532477] Thu, 20 May 2010 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Hi Wojtek,
Yes, you can.
You can create a custom palette entry which will apply the required stereotype and will set the needed properties. You can learn how to create a custom palette entry in Tutorial on Palette Customization

Tanya.
icon14.gif  Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #534899 is a reply to message #532477] Thu, 20 May 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for reply.
This informations are very useful for me.
I think that this document should be placed on papyrus site, because i search for any information about pallete customization and I can't find this document on web.

Edit:
It's one problem. Latest version of papyrus (1.12.3)
don't have customization option in pallete.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7439/ceapapyrusnocustomizati.jpg

This option will be in next versions ??

Big thanks Smile
Wojtek

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #534982 is a reply to message #534899] Thu, 20 May 2010 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Wojtek,

it seems you are using the version of the first Papyrus from the update site : http://papyrusuml.org/.

This version of Papyrus will only have small bug fixes in the future. The functionality described by Tatiana is present in the version of Papyrus, component of the MDT project in Eclipse.
This new version of Papyrus comes from the union of teams working on Papyrus I , Moskitt project and Topcased project.

You can find more information about Papyrus MDT at the following address: http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus. More Documentation will be placed on the eclipse website in the following months. Currently, Papyrus MDT has not been officially released. You can only download a beta version using the download link.

Hope this will help!
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #542805 is a reply to message #532477] Sat, 26 June 2010 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for answer.
Is any possibility to integrate old papyrus plugin based on UML Profile and custom stereotypes to new Eclipse Papyrus?

Can I only change id's of packages names to org.eclipse.?
I can't find MultidiagramEditor, witch is used in old Papyrus.
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #543000 is a reply to message #542805] Mon, 28 June 2010 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yann Tanguy is currently offline Yann TanguyFriend
Hi,

In most cases you'll have to replace existing extension ids:
com.cea.papyrus.extensionpoints.uml2.UMLLibrary
com.cea.papyrus.extensionpoints.uml2.UMLProfile

by

org.eclipse.papyrus.extensionpoints.uml2.UMLProfile
org.eclipse.papyrus.extensionpoints.uml2.UMLLibrary

The Multidiagram editor no more exists, replaced by SashEditor. This
editor has a totally different API, we'll need some more info about what
you are trying to achieve to provide help.

regards,

Yann

W Trocki a écrit :
> Thanks for answer. Is any possibility to integrate old papyrus plugin
> based on UML Profile and custom stereotypes to new Eclipse Papyrus?
>
> Can I only change id's of packages names to org.eclipse.?
> I can't find MultidiagramEditor, witch is used in old Papyrus.
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #543001 is a reply to message #542805] Mon, 28 June 2010 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

by

regards,

Yann

W Trocki a écrit :
>
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #543075 is a reply to message #532477] Mon, 28 June 2010 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many elements work's fine. Some code parts need further refactoring. Thanks for answer.
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #543169 is a reply to message #543075] Mon, 28 June 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see that Eclipse Papyrus don't support transformations.
In my plugin I use transformations module to code generation.
New code generation can be specified in Eclipse Run Configurations dialog. In Eclipse Papyrus this option don't exist.
There is any chance to generate code and attach specific transformation as in cea Papyrus?
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #543579 is a reply to message #543169] Tue, 29 June 2010 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Wojtek,

There is currently no plan to reintegrate the plugins which were present in the old Papyrus tool in the new one. This was just a example of Acceleo technology in Papyrus.
If you really need it, you can download the sources of the old Papyrus and migrate them to the new one. I think there are only few dependencies to the Papyrus tool.
Otherwise, it should not be to difficult to extend the tool menus in order to launch a predefined Acceleo chain.

To download source code, you can use this link : https://speedy.supelec.fr/Papyrus/svn/Papyrus/integrations/A cceleo/

Remi Schnekenburger

Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #601987 is a reply to message #532477] Thu, 20 May 2010 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Hi Wojtek,
Yes, you can.
You can create a custom palette entry which will apply the required stereotype and will set the needed properties. You can learn how to create a custom palette entry in http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papy rus/trunk/doc/DevelopperDocuments/How-To/PapyrusDevelopperTu torial_OnPaletteCustomization_v1.0_d2010-05-10.odt

Tanya.
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #601994 is a reply to message #532477] Thu, 20 May 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for reply.
This informations are very useful for me.
I think that this document should be placed on papyrus site, because i search for any information about pallete customization and I can't find this document on web.

Big thanks :)
Wojtek
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602002 is a reply to message #601994] Thu, 20 May 2010 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Wojtek,

it seems you are using the version of the first Papyrus from the update site : http://papyrusuml.org/

This version of Papyrus will only have small bug fixes in the future. The functionality described by Tatiana is present in the version of Papyrus, component of the MDT project in Eclipse.
This new version of Papyrus comes from the union of teams working on Papyrus I , Moskitt project and Topcased project.

You can find more information about Papyrus MDT at the following address: http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus More Documentation will be placed on the eclipse website in the following months. Currently, Papyrus MDT has not been officially released. You can only download a beta version using the download link.

Hope this will help!
Rémi
--
http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus

Remi Schnekenburger

Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602130 is a reply to message #532477] Sat, 26 June 2010 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for answer.
Is any possibility to integrate old papyrus plugin based on UML Profile and custom stereotypes to new Eclipse Papyrus?

Can I only change id's of packages names to org.eclipse.?
I can't find MultidiagramEditor, witch is used in old Papyrus.
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602135 is a reply to message #542805] Mon, 28 June 2010 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

by

regards,

Yann

W Trocki a écrit :
>
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602140 is a reply to message #542805] Mon, 28 June 2010 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

by

regards,

Yann

W Trocki a écrit :
>
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602167 is a reply to message #532477] Mon, 28 June 2010 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many elements work's fine. Some code parts need further refactoring. Thanks for answer.
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602172 is a reply to message #543075] Mon, 28 June 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see that Eclipse Papyrus don't support transformations.
In my plugin I use transformations module to code generation.
New code generation can be specified in Eclipse Run Configurations dialog. In Eclipse Papyrus this option don't exist.
There is any chance to generate code and attach specific transformation as in cea Papyrus?
Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #602205 is a reply to message #543169] Tue, 29 June 2010 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Wojtek,

There is currently no plan to reintegrate the plugins which were present in the old Papyrus tool in the new one. This was just a example of Acceleo technology in Papyrus.
If you really need it, you can download the sources of the old Papyrus and migrate them to the new one. I think there are only few dependencies to the Papyrus tool.
Otherwise, it should not be to difficult to extend the tool menus in order to launch a predefined Acceleo chain.

To download source code, you can use this link : https://speedy.supelec.fr/Papyrus/svn/Papyrus/integrations/A cceleo/

--
http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus

Remi Schnekenburger

icon3.gif  Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #642733 is a reply to message #602205] Thu, 02 December 2010 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Remi.

I install the newest development version of Eclipse papyrus.
With additional plugin is required to see context menu command "execute mvt transformation"? With all plugins from papyrus site this command is not visible in my context menu on editor.

The newest Papyrus will be able to perform transformations from model to text like in old papyrus?

If not, so can i develop this functionality for new Papyrus basing on old papyrus acceleo integration plugin?

"This was just a example of Acceleo technology in Papyrus."
Old papyrus has example acceleo transformations."

Re: Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes? [message #1015349 is a reply to message #601987] Thu, 28 February 2013 10:07 Go to previous message
threiveni h.b. is currently offline threiveni h.b.Friend
hello tanya, if i want to add my own property to the new stereotype which i selected
is it possible?

in custom palette tutorial, they show we can apply existing properties.
i am using Eclipse juno and papyrus 0.9.0,
could please help?
Previous Topic:How to change the method selectionChanged(IAction action, ISelection selection)
Next Topic:Behaviour Generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:23:49 GMT 2024