Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Refresh-Problem in ProgressView (DetailedProgressViewer.createNewItem())
Refresh-Problem in ProgressView (DetailedProgressViewer.createNewItem()) [message #532116] Fri, 07 May 2010 08:50
Jens Mising name is currently offline Jens Mising nameFriend
I already posted a message to this problem but probably in the wrong forum (Eclipse Platform). (I could not find infos on how to request that the post be moved to this forum. Any hints on this? Sorry, I don't mean to crosspost.)

Anyways, this is the post:
http:// www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=531878&# msg_531878

And my problem is that I am running jobs in my eclipse 3.5 based RCP application but the progess bar for the job in the progress view does (initially) not show up. When I resize anything it does show up though. Or when I close the progress view and open it again by clicking on the status bar it also starts to show up.

Now, I debugged into the code and found that when I set a breakpoint at this location:

org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.DetailedProgressViewer.createNewItem(JobTreeElement)

on this line (it is the last but one line):
item.refresh();

and then just let my application run, everything is fine. That is, the progress bar in my eclipse RCP application shows up fine.

But when I choose to set the breakpoint on the next line (the last line in that method):
return item;

the progressbar (for the running job) is not displayed. But the name for the job and the cancel/stop button are shown.

I first thought that maybe some status/condition is getting updated on time when I set this breakpoint before the call to refresh(). But even if I set the breakpoint on the last line of the refresh() method it works.

So, I now I'm kind of stumped.
Does anyone have an idea what could go wrong? Or maybe give me a pointer to what else I could check?

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2010 09:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:CNF Remove existing menu item
Next Topic:Request for UI definition advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:12:25 GMT 2024