Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMW » Weaving model manually created
Weaving model manually created [message #531976] Thu, 06 May 2010 16:13 Go to next message
Alexey is currently offline AlexeyFriend
Hello!

My Source-Metamodel and Goal-Metamodel are completely different. So, it makes no sence to use the given transformations (such as name equality etc).
Is there any possibility to create a weaving model manually?
Just making links from MM1 to MM2 "per hand"?

And if yes - how to do that?

I hope, my question is understandable.

Thank you.

Alexey
Re: Weaving model manually created [message #532487 is a reply to message #531976] Mon, 10 May 2010 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos Didonet Del Fabro is currently offline Marcos Didonet Del FabroFriend
Hi,

The matching transformations are used when the metamodels have some degree of explicit similarity, i.e., the name equality, typing, tree structure, etc.

You can create your links manually with the use interface. You should first select the appropriate metamodel extension, and create the links between the left and right elements. There are two extensions that you might use;

1) The extension from the metamodel comparison use case. You can create "ElementLink"s between classes, and "AttributeLink"s between attributes, references, and so on.

2) There is another simple extension that helps to create links targeted for generating ATL. You can find more information about this extension on the following link:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/AMW#Graphical_development_ of_ATL_transformations

Regards,

Marcos.

Re: Weaving model manually created [message #533500 is a reply to message #532487] Fri, 14 May 2010 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much, Marcos!

I will now study both use cases, you advised to me and share my expirience here after that.

Alexey

Re: Weaving model manually created [message #533513 is a reply to message #532487] Fri, 14 May 2010 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Marcos!

I tried the qatl and got an error by creating a WM:

org.eclipse.ui.ide.FileStoreEditorInput can not be cast to
org.eclipse.ui.IFileEditorInput

Could you please help me to solve it?

Thanx a lot!

Alexey

[Updated on: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weaving model manually created [message #534843 is a reply to message #533513] Thu, 20 May 2010 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcos Didonet Del Fabro is currently offline Marcos Didonet Del FabroFriend
Hi.

I see it could be related to two issues:

- you do not have the good version of Eclipse (problem on the typecasting).

- is the file loaded from outside Eclipse?

Marcos
Re: Weaving model manually created [message #534849 is a reply to message #534843] Thu, 20 May 2010 13:41 Go to previous message
Thank you, Marcos, I just solved it - I installed the AMMA you gave me once again and it worked then!.
Previous Topic:Cant create Weaving Model
Next Topic:QATL: "Model - extract to ATL" - option not found!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:20:57 GMT 2024