Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7
Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7 [message #531677] Wed, 05 May 2010 18:27 Go to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
I am trying to run SWTBot under Helios 3.6M7 and I keep getting:

Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Classloader found for plug-in org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.ui.tests
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.getCl assLoader(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:79)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.getTe stClassLoader(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:73)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.loadC lass(RemoteTestRunner.java:693)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.loadC lasses(RemoteTestRunner.java:429)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTe sts(RemoteTestRunner.java:452)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTe sts(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(R emoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.RemotePluginTestRunner.main( RemotePluginTestRunner.java:64)
at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.UITestApplication.runTests(U ITestApplication.java:117)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.testing.WorkbenchTestable$1.run(Work benchTestable.java:71)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

I saw some comments on line, but none were helpful. Any suggestions? This same test works fine in my Galileo Eclipse.
Re: Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7 [message #531783 is a reply to message #531677] Thu, 06 May 2010 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Jeff Johnston a écrit :
> I am trying to run SWTBot under Helios 3.6M7 and I keep getting:
>
> Exception in thread "WorkbenchTestable"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Classloader found for plug-in
> org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.ui.tests

At a first glance, this does not seem related to SWTBot.

This means that the Helios platform was not able to resolve the org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.ui.tests bundle, because
EITHER * The plugin is not here
OR (more probable) * The plugin has an unresolved dependency

You should try to run the test with the OSGi console started (flagging the launcher with -console), and try the command "start org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.ui.tests". That will probably tell you why this bundle could not be loaded.

--
Mickael Istria - BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/downloads.php
Re: Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7 [message #532054 is a reply to message #531783] Thu, 06 May 2010 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried doing the osgi start and it didn't result in any failure. However, it is now "almost" working. The strange part is I do not remember touching this eclipse instance with regards to swtbot or CDT or my own plugins. I did have an issue with subclipse and subversive and had to do an uninstall/reinstall.

Anyway, it now gets to my last test and blows up with the following traceback:

The last test isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. It deletes a few files and then tries to click on a single menu-item which will regenerate those files in the project directory. Then it looks for the existence of the files. This same test is running fine under Galileo.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2010-05-06 18:31:35.267
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception during blocked modal context.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4083)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3515)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3162)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEWorkbenchAdvisor.disconnectFromWorkspace(IDEWorkbenchAdvisor.java:509)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEWorkbenchAdvisor.postShutdown(IDEWorkbenchAdvisor.java:342)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.shutdown(Workbench.java:2928)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Workbench.java:1108)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$15(Workbench.java:1025)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$25.run(Workbench.java:1269)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1267)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1239)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.QuitHandler.execute(QuitHandler.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1234)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1243)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1060)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.widgets.AbstractSWTBot$2.run(AbstractSWTBot.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.finders.UIThreadRunnable$5.doRun(UIThreadRunnable.java:221)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.finders.UIThreadRunnable$1.run(UIThreadRunnable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3515)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3162)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2601)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2565)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2399)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:669)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:662)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.core.UITestApplication.start(UITestApplication.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder.finders.WorkbenchContentsFinder.workbenchPages(WorkbenchContentsFinder.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder.finders.WorkbenchContentsFinder.findViewsInternal(WorkbenchContentsFinder.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder.finders.WorkbenchContentsFinder.access$1(WorkbenchContentsFinder.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder.finders.WorkbenchContentsFinder$3.run(WorkbenchContentsFinder.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder.finders.WorkbenchContentsFinder$3.run(WorkbenchContentsFinder.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.finders.UIThreadRunnable$2.doRun(UIThreadRunnable.java:140)
	at org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.finders.UIThreadRunnable$1.run(UIThreadRunnable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
	... 59 more

Re: Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7 [message #532264 is a reply to message #532054] Fri, 07 May 2010 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, there is something definitely flaky with M7.

Today, I got the same original error again that there was no ClassLoader for my ui.tests. I started the tests again and they ran 100% fine.

Has anybody on the SWTBot team tried out 3.6M7 with their own tests and are they seeing inconsistent behaviour?
Re: Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7 [message #532287 is a reply to message #532264] Fri, 07 May 2010 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan PadegaonkarFriend
Not tried 3.6M7 yet. I'm still on 3.6M6, I'll look over pushing out a
new release that works with 3.6M7 over the weekend.

--
Ketan
http://ketan.padegaonkar.name | http://eclipse.org/swtbot

On 5/7/10 10:50 AM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Ok, there is something definitely flaky with M7.
>
> Today, I got the same original error again that there was no ClassLoader
> for my ui.tests. I started the tests again and they ran 100% fine.
>
> Has anybody on the SWTBot team tried out 3.6M7 with their own tests and
> are they seeing inconsistent behaviour?
Re: Can't get SWTBot working with Helios 3.6M7 [message #533987 is a reply to message #532287] Mon, 17 May 2010 15:50 Go to previous message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan PadegaonkarFriend
On 5/7/10 12:01 PM, Ketan Padegaonkar wrote:
> Not tried 3.6M7 yet. I'm still on 3.6M6, I'll look over pushing out a
> new release that works with 3.6M7 over the weekend.
>

There are a few failing tests against 3.6M7 :(

I'm investigating why that happens.

--
Ketan
http://ketan.padegaonkar.name | http://eclipse.org/swtbot
Previous Topic:Selection in TableViewer
Next Topic:New release 2.0.0.568 of SWTBot available!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:43:43 GMT 2024