Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Create eclipse debugger for StructuredTextEditor.(breakpoint and annotation)
Create eclipse debugger for StructuredTextEditor. [message #531453] Wed, 05 May 2010 03:30 Go to next message
popjxc is currently offline popjxcFriend
Hi, all:

I am using the debug api to made a eclipse debugger, and my editor extends StructuredTextEditor.

I use the extension: org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.breakpoint, to add breakpoint to my editor, that works fine.

But now there are some problem about the debug annotation, that is during the debug time, a green line and a pointer can point to the current source code line. But in my editor, there is no green line, only the pointer can move step by step.

And I try my debugger in other editor, it works fine in texteditor, but in StructuredTextEditor also miss the green line.

Does I miss something?

Thanks to everyone~
Re: Create eclipse debugger for StructuredTextEditor. [message #531620 is a reply to message #531453] Wed, 05 May 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
Hello,

What version of WTP are you using?

I believe this was a problem before Ganymede.
Re: Create eclipse debugger for StructuredTextEditor. [message #531740 is a reply to message #531620] Thu, 06 May 2010 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Nick:

I use:
Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.5.0
Build id: I20090611-1540

and I saw the WTP version in my RCP, it is 3.1.1.v20090716...

I find the bug that you said, but it seems resolved long time ago. I really puzzled now....

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2010 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create eclipse debugger for StructuredTextEditor. [message #534714 is a reply to message #531740] Thu, 20 May 2010 05:56 Go to previous message
Well, I found the problem when I debug StyledText#replaceStyleRanges. The annotation painter need use this method to draw the debug green line.

But as that method said: Should not be called if a LineStyleListener has been set since the listener maintains the styles.
Unluckily, there is a line style listener(for syntax highlighting) in our editor, and that listener didn't work with annotation highlight.

I think it will be better if there is a AbstractLineStyleListener(or something else) works with the annotation highlight.
Previous Topic:Can Eclipse xsd / wsdl editors use a jax-ws-catalog.xml file?
Next Topic:WTP CSS Code Assist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:53:28 GMT 2024