Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Another one of those warnings...
Another one of those warnings... [message #53610] Mon, 06 April 2009 14:01 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
Another one of those warnings, that I would like to understand why they appear and what causes them:

Classpath entry /<projectname>/lib/api_cs.jar will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result. <projectName> P/<projectName> Classpath Dependency Validator Message

This is in a plain vanilly Java project that has a couple of libraries sitting in ./lib and for each of them I get a warning as shown.
Not sure, whether that has to do with the fact that this project also contains a MANIFEST.MF file since it's eventually wrapped up into a ..jar, but why does eclipse pester me with these "...not exported..." warnings?

Michael
Re: Another one of those warnings... [message #53636 is a reply to message #53610] Mon, 06 April 2009 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipse-news.rizzoweb.com

On 4/6/2009 10:01 AM, Michael Moser wrote:
> Another one of those warnings, that I would like to understand why they appear and what causes them:
>
> ...
> Classpath entry /<projectname>/lib/api_cs.jar will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result.<projectName> P/<projectName> Classpath Dependency Validator Message
> ...
>
> This is in a plain vanilly Java project that has a couple of libraries sitting in ./lib and for each of them I get a warning as shown.

You can disable the Classpath Dependency validator; open the project
properties and select the Validation node.
I thought that particular validation was added only for Web Tools
projects, but perhaps my memory is faded on this...

Hope this helps,
Eric
Re: Another one of those warnings... [message #53763 is a reply to message #53636] Mon, 06 April 2009 15:02 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo wrote:
> > ...
> You can disable the Classpath Dependency validator; open the project
> properties and select the Validation node.
> I thought that particular validation was added only for Web Tools
> projects, but perhaps my memory is faded on this...
>
> Hope this helps,
> Eric

Thanks Eric, that helped indeed! It brought me onto the right track. For whatever - probably "historical" reasons - I had two more builders enabled, one called "Validation" only (and on which the "Remove" button was grayed out :-( ), and another one, "JSP Validation" or something of that sort - don't recall any more).
Since the former was unremovable, I went directly to the project files and removed everything but the Java builder and facet from it. Then I still had these warnings for a while until I realized, that I had to explicitly delete those warnings (and only if they reappear after a build they would still be valid). Found that a bit odd and inconvenient but now those warnings have indeed been beaten to death!

Thanks,
Michael
Re: Another one of those warnings... [message #594636 is a reply to message #53610] Mon, 06 April 2009 14:19 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
On 4/6/2009 10:01 AM, Michael Moser wrote:
> Another one of those warnings, that I would like to understand why they appear and what causes them:
>
> ...
> Classpath entry /<projectname>/lib/api_cs.jar will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result.<projectName> P/<projectName> Classpath Dependency Validator Message
> ...
>
> This is in a plain vanilly Java project that has a couple of libraries sitting in ./lib and for each of them I get a warning as shown.

You can disable the Classpath Dependency validator; open the project
properties and select the Validation node.
I thought that particular validation was added only for Web Tools
projects, but perhaps my memory is faded on this...

Hope this helps,
Eric
Re: Another one of those warnings... [message #594694 is a reply to message #53636] Mon, 06 April 2009 15:02 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo wrote:
> > ...
> You can disable the Classpath Dependency validator; open the project
> properties and select the Validation node.
> I thought that particular validation was added only for Web Tools
> projects, but perhaps my memory is faded on this...
>
> Hope this helps,
> Eric

Thanks Eric, that helped indeed! It brought me onto the right track. For whatever - probably "historical" reasons - I had two more builders enabled, one called "Validation" only (and on which the "Remove" button was grayed out :-( ), and another one, "JSP Validation" or something of that sort - don't recall any more).
Since the former was unremovable, I went directly to the project files and removed everything but the Java builder and facet from it. Then I still had these warnings for a while until I realized, that I had to explicitly delete those warnings (and only if they reappear after a build they would still be valid). Found that a bit odd and inconvenient but now those warnings have indeed been beaten to death!

Thanks,
Michael
Previous Topic:Strange dependency cycle error
Next Topic:How to add version number suffix to a RCP build?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:53:21 GMT 2024