Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [XPand dev] Tracing model access
[XPand dev] Tracing model access [message #531285] Tue, 04 May 2010 12:41 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello,

in the course of my current project I'm faced with the problem to trace any access that occurs in the context of a model to text transformation. My aim is to collect any model-elements that are involved during the evaluation of an expression Statement. For instance a feature call that accesses a certain property of a model element should result in the model-element being added to the involved elements list.

I'm curious if anyone could point me in the right direction regarding the classes that have to be modified in order to achieve the aforementioned issue. Right now I hook into the expressionStatement evaluation and have access to both, the ExpressionStatement as well as the XPandExecutionContext. I can easily evaluate the expression of the expression statement but am unsure how to retrieve the involved model-elements. It's kinda tough to work through the source-code, since I couldn't find any information on this topic. I'd appreciate any help or comments on this topic.

Thanks
Christian
Re: [XPand dev] Tracing model access [message #531295 is a reply to message #531285] Tue, 04 May 2010 13:13 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hello Christian,

did you have a look at the tracing support of the xtend std lib. the old (oaw) documentation can be found here http://www.openarchitectureware.org/pub/documentation/4.3.1/ html/contents/ch06.html googleling for oaw tracing might bring some some hints / samples.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2010 13:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Check] Location of ECORE model influences validity of check files?
Next Topic:[XPAND] XPand and Partitioning Ecore is possible ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:45:30 GMT 2024