Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » how to catch home and end keys in SWT styledText
how to catch home and end keys in SWT styledText [message #530523] Thu, 29 April 2010 23:03 Go to next message
Lidder is currently offline LidderFriend
Hello,

I have implemented a spell checker on SWT StyledText widget. The basic logic is that the spell checking is done when the modifyText function fires. I calculate the annotations (squiggly lines) I need to draw and then draw them on the widget in the paintListener -> paintContol() method. There is one problem.
Let's say I write some incorrect text in the styledtext widget. The spell checker recognizes the modify event and run a spell check. The paint then draws the errors. Assume that the widget has SWT.SINGLE style. I can keep typing and the spell check keeps drawing the annotations. Now when I hit home to go the start of my text, the annotations are not refreshed as there is no modify event. I want to be able to capture when the "visible text" changes and redraw the annotations. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for your help.
Re: how to catch home and end keys in SWT styledText [message #530984 is a reply to message #530523] Mon, 03 May 2010 08:59 Go to previous message
Praveen  is currently offline Praveen Friend
The keys Home and End does not result in Modify event as it does not
cause in any modification of the text. I believe the only way is to
capture those events is through verifyKey event (ofcourse, or through
keyDown/keyUp) of StyledText.
Previous Topic:Metawidget has added SWT support
Next Topic:OLEControlSite and complete menubar loss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:54:26 GMT 2024