Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Remus Information Management » can't run remus in my macbook
can't run remus in my macbook [message #530232] Thu, 29 April 2010 00:28 Go to next message
matt knelsen is currently offline matt knelsenFriend
hi there,

congrats for this software! i'm very interested in applying it as a tool for information management in the company i work for. but i've got a very simple issue: i can't make it run on my macbook! i've tried to open the application many times... and it just does not start. i'm running mac os 10.6.3, with java runtime environment. does anyone know why would it be running on my mac? do i have to have eclipse installed?

by the way, can i setup several computers with remus in a network, independently of OS? my goal is to setup a server that will manage projects' information, this server being connected to computers that may have windows 7, mac os or ubuntu...

thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2010 02:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: can't run remus in my macbook [message #530823 is a reply to message #530232] Sat, 01 May 2010 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Matt,

We still have a minor problem with the Build for the Mac OS, the permissions are not set correctly. This can be easily resolved by setting the executable permission manually to Remus.

>by the way, can i setup several
>computers with remus in a network,
>independently of OS?

Yes, that is possible. Remus provides currently two different kind of connectors two synchronize a part of your local data with a remote repository via WebDav- or the LocalFolder Connector.
If you want to use Webdav, just setup an WebDav Server (e.g. Apache) in your network and all Remus instances can synchronize their local data with either the whole repository or only a part of it. The LocalFolder connector can be used in combination with network drives.
You can a find a screencast of using the local folder connector at http://remus-software.org/faq/41-how-can-i-share-my-data-wit h-my-colleagues

There is also an artile describing the use of WebDav, see http://remus-tips.blogspot.com/2010/03/synchronize-data-over -internet-with-gmx.html

Tom
Re: can't run remus in my macbook [message #533835 is a reply to message #530232] Mon, 17 May 2010 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf is currently offline RalfFriend
I have the same problem with the Linux package. If I unpack and start the binary the system is a few seconds busy and returns then. No Splash screen is showing. Only an empty "workspace" is created in the RIM folder. I use Ubuntu 64 bit, Java 1.6 is installed. I use multiple other Eclipse packages without problems (Java IDE, Modelling Tools and Apache Directory Studio).

Please let me know if I can supply you with more log information to solve the problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: can't run remus in my macbook [message #535410 is a reply to message #533835] Sun, 23 May 2010 09:15 Go to previous message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Ralf,

Please try the 64-bit Version for Linux, you'll find at http://remus-software.org/bamboo/browse/RCP-TRUNK/latest/art ifact

Cheerz
Tom
Previous Topic:[Anouncement] Remus passed Creation Review
Next Topic:WebDAV synchronization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:41:01 GMT 2024