Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Cleanly logout of a RAP application
Cleanly logout of a RAP application [message #529891] Tue, 27 April 2010 15:17 Go to next message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

We need to have a button in our RAP application that allows the user to logout cleanly. It should kill the session on the server and present the user with a static html page.

We have tried a couple of different methods to make this work, but we end up getting error popups on the client browser ("Server is unavailable, retry?").

The latest method I tried was using a phase listener like the example on the FAQ for changing locales. It seemed to work but the session didn't die, if you went back to the page it would reconnect to the same session. Then I realized that the error popup is still there, it just disappears before you can see it.

Is there a best practice for cleanly shuting down a RAP application and redirecting to a static page?

Thanks,
Cole
Re: Cleanly logout of a RAP application [message #530037 is a reply to message #529891] Wed, 28 April 2010 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

Cole Markham wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 17:17
We need to have a button in our RAP application that allows the user to logout cleanly. It should kill the session on the server and present the user with a static html page.

We have tried a couple of different methods to make this work, but we end up getting error popups on the client browser ("Server is unavailable, retry?").

The latest method I tried was using a phase listener like the example on the FAQ for changing locales. It seemed to work but the session didn't die, if you went back to the page it would reconnect to the same session. Then I realized that the error popup is still there, it just disappears before you can see it.

Is there a best practice for cleanly shuting down a RAP application and redirecting to a static page?

Thanks,
Cole

Shutting down a rap application should probably done trough the the Activator,. Were you start the other bundles that are needed and just stop them each of them before disposing your self and redirecting to a static html page.

I wouldn't know any other way to cleanly shut-down a OSIi/RAP application then trough that root.

You could look at this treat about shutting down Equinox ( http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.equ inox/msg03905.html)

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
Re: Cleanly logout of a RAP application [message #530118 is a reply to message #529891] Wed, 28 April 2010 14:06 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Hi Cole,

let me divide your question into two:
* correct me if I'm wrong but displaying a "logout-page" seems to be
solved by following the approach from the FAQ for changing locales.
* to let the session die, why can't you wait for the servlet engine to
clean up the session when its timout is reached?

Regards,
Rüdiger
--
Rüdiger Herrmann
http://eclipsesource.com

On 27.04.2010 17:17, Cole Markham wrote:
> We need to have a button in our RAP application that allows the user to
> logout cleanly. It should kill the session on the server and present the
> user with a static html page.
>
> We have tried a couple of different methods to make this work, but we
> end up getting error popups on the client browser ("Server is
> unavailable, retry?").
> The latest method I tried was using a phase listener like the example on
> the FAQ for changing locales. It seemed to work but the session didn't
> die, if you went back to the page it would reconnect to the same
> session. Then I realized that the error popup is still there, it just
> disappears before you can see it.
>
> Is there a best practice for cleanly shuting down a RAP application and
> redirecting to a static page?
>
> Thanks,
> Cole
Previous Topic:RAP at JAX ?
Next Topic:JS error on CVS update (ControlDecorator.js)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:22:33 GMT 2024