Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] Atl doesn't preserve order of a metamodel ordered attribute(In a standalone transformation the order is lost for some attributes)
[ATL] Atl doesn't preserve order of a metamodel ordered attribute [message #529881] Tue, 27 April 2010 14:42 Go to next message
Luca  is currently offline Luca Friend
I have written an atl transformation that works fine in eclipse. But when I execute it in a standalone transformation (with "old" libraries, i.e. AtlEMFModelHandler, ASMEMFModel, AtlLauncher classes), oddly some reference attributes (0..* cardinality, set as ordered in my ecore metamodel), sometimes, are not mapped with their original order!

Trivially the code is a pure mapping like this:
newAttribute <- oldAttribute

I really don't understand what that is due to...all others attributes (among which other similar attributes, with the same properties...) are correctly copied.

So, why only sometimes, some reference attributes are messed up?

I really hope someone have met a similar situation and can help me for this so strange behaviour!

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2010 15:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] Atl doesn't preserve order of a metamodel ordered attribute [message #530013 is a reply to message #529881] Wed, 28 April 2010 07:16 Go to previous message
Luca  is currently offline Luca Friend
I've forgot to say a fundamental thing to understand my scenario: this transformation is applied to another one's output, so the attributes for which I experiment issues belong respectively to these two transformations outputs (and for them I just map the old value in the new).

What I've found is that this has something to do with the order (always different) in which the referenced elements of my ordered attributes are considered by the atl vm (that's why sometimes it behaves as expected: when the order is equal to the original one)....in that the referenced values are created according to that order.

But the strange thing is that only few reference type attributes aren't (always) just mapped in their order, so I can't figure out a "solution", or at least not a fair one (in atl)...

Perhaps is it a bug of the 'old' libraries (actually I am not able to say which version they are...)?

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2010 07:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ATL - Using elements of a referenced metamodel
Next Topic:how to run the UML2OWL atl transformation using the ANT build tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:43:44 GMT 2024