Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » OSGI console secured telenet port
OSGI console secured telenet port [message #529557] Mon, 26 April 2010 11:31 Go to next message
Egidijus Vaisnora is currently offline Egidijus VaisnoraFriend
Hello,

I am launching Eclipse with console telnet option. Is any light way to customize OSGI console to be accessible only from letsay
localhost? Something like passing an option, instead of asking user to secure it with firewall. I would prefer that default
application configuration would be enough secure, instead of warning user that he need manually firewall particular port.

Thanks!
Egidijus
Re: OSGI console secured telenet port [message #529584 is a reply to message #529557] Mon, 26 April 2010 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
In Equinox 3.5 or older there is no way to secure the console telnet. In 3.6 We opened the console up to allow for ConsoleSession. Take a look at the javadoc in 3.6 for the interface org.eclipse.osgi.framework.console.ConsoleSession

A ConsoleSession implementation allows you to have complete control over the input and output streams for the console connection. You can implement what ever security you want or need in your ConsoleSession implementation.

HTH

Tom.
Re: OSGI console secured telenet port [message #529793 is a reply to message #529584] Tue, 27 April 2010 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Egidijus Vaisnora is currently offline Egidijus VaisnoraFriend
I have looked to ConsoleSession source. Seems that somehow I will need to register my own ConsoleSession implementation (if I
get idea correctly), and deliver my InputStream and OutputStream - it is just great. However, I cannot find a way, how I will
be able to get connected user IP? - this is a minimum information needed to implement secured console access.
There is class FrameworkConsoleSession from internals, which in constructor accepts Socket, however I don't find a way how I
could obtain such socket information in my ConsoleSession implementation...

Thomas Watson wrote:
> In Equinox 3.5 or older there is no way to secure the console telnet.
> In 3.6 We opened the console up to allow for ConsoleSession. Take a
> look at the javadoc in 3.6 for the interface
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.console.ConsoleSession
>
> A ConsoleSession implementation allows you to have complete control over
> the input and output streams for the console connection. You can
> implement what ever security you want or need in your ConsoleSession
> implementation.
>
> HTH
>
> Tom.
>
Re: OSGI console secured telenet port [message #529842 is a reply to message #529557] Tue, 27 April 2010 12:56 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=279562

There is an attachment there with a telnet example. In your implementation of the ConsoleSession service you will have control over how the streams are created. You will have complete control over the socket. You will not use the built-in telnet support in the framework.

HTH

Tom.
Previous Topic:Deadlock while calling "Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit()" in an OSGi environment
Next Topic:Activator is not found, raising a ClassNotFoundException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:46:12 GMT 2024